Hardware PowerA Wired Controller GameCube Style

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,610
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
(If you don’t want to read, scroll down to the questions) Hi. I’m basically broke and can’t afford (even used) official Nintendo GameCube controllers or adapters because no matter how cheap I try to make my purchase I always get above $40 bucks (including the controller itself, the adapter [even a third party one] and why not some replacement parts). So I got with three other options: the Hori Switch Battle Pad, the PDP Wired Fight Pad Pro, and the PowerA Wired Controller GameCube Style. And I ended up with conclusions for each controller.

The Gamecube one only has one bumper and is not compatible with all games. Besides that for the triggers, you need to push them down hard because they have springs.

The Hori Choice: From what i’ve heard, the grips are supposed to be like the PS4 controller grips to prevent slipping but people say it feels like sandpaper and I don’t like sandpaper. Also for the DPad some people say it doesn’t work well which is a HUGE problem to me because I also play retro games and don’t like using analog sticks for them.

The PDP choice: The same cost as the Hori one but with two major issues:

1. People say it doesn’t feel like an original GameCube controller.

2. I have had bad experiences with PDP (with the Wired fight pad for the Wii U).

And that takes me into the PowerA choice:

PowerA makes both a wireless and a wired gamecube-style controller but to make sure I can get rid of some latency I chose the wired one. I don’t have problems with it but I only have 2 questions:

1. Can a PC detect it? (Even as a generic device)?

2. Can I use a usb A to usb C so I can use it without the dock?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...