Homebrew PocketSNES?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pocketsnes is an older version of snes9x 2002. This core has the best compatibility, and it does support cheats, and everything else you would expect from an emulator

edit: just look for the retroarch 3ds thread and download the latest stable

KotuMF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I find it? Is there a link? My N3DS has A9LH and Luma. Also, does pocketSNES have good game compatibility? Thoughts appreciated. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can run MOST SNES games. That's really saying something. I play Super Mario RPG perfectly.
http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.3.3/
I've been using it flawlessly and I have no complaints.
Aside from it not saving recent roms so it's easy to access.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks :)

Which one do I need (3DS,3DSX,CIA)? How do I install it?
Install the .cia with FBI. It's the easiest option. .3ds is for Gateway and .3dsx is for homebrew launcher. Just go with .cia since it installs directly to the home menu. Making it the most convenient.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the .cia with FBI. It's the easiest option. .3ds is for Gateway and .3dsx is for homebrew launcher. Just go with .cia since it installs directly to the home menu. Making it the most convenient.

How do I use cheats? Where do I put the cheat files?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There are a bunch of CIAs in that zip file. Do I want the PocketSNES CIA, or the SNES9x_Next CIA?

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States

How do I use cheats? Where do I put the cheat files?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There are a bunch of CIAs in that zip file. Do I want the PocketSNES CIA, or the SNES9x_Next CIA?
You want the PocketSNES CIA. I think you use cheats by putting the .cht file in the same folder as your ROMs and name it the exact name of your ROM. Then I believe you can load it though the emulator menu.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is PocketSNES the best with a N3DS with A9LH and Luma3DS?

I too am wondering about the best GBA emu for my system.

dudemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is PocketSNES the best with a N3DS with A9LH and Luma3DS?

I too am wondering about the best GBA emu for my system.
Your mileage may vary. PocketSNES (SNES9x 2002) definitely works great on a n3DS with A9LH. It will play most SNES games fairly accurately with minimal framerate drops. Another good one is CatSFC (SNES9x 2005) and CatSFC+ (SNES9x 2005+). The plus version plays a little more accurately but compatibility is lower than the non-plus version. Both have great speed on the n3DS and all mentioned support cht files for cheats.

I never got into the GBA, so I cannot answer that question. I don't use a GBA emulator.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just trying to gauge whether I should use a GBA/SNES emu, or VC injects. I don't want to do injects for the sake of not wanting to have an icon on my Home screen for each game, but I am sure compatibility is better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

dudemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just trying to gauge whether I should use a GBA/SNES emu, or VC injects. I don't want to do injects for the sake of not wanting to have an icon on my Home screen for each game, but I am sure compatibility is better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Honestly, I was this way too. I was using Retroarch because I could have all my ROMS condensed into one home menu icon. But lately I've been dissatisfied with how Retroarch performs and I'm not very fond of the UI (personal preferences, I prefer the older UI). So lately I've been going to VC injects which have been working amazingly. The only problem I'm having is finding a reliable and easy way to do a LOT of SNES injects at once (I'd like to do them all, and I have a LOT). Most of them have already been done and are available elsewhere, but I'd like to do it myself.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only there was a way to have an icon per system on the Home menu for injects. I honestly would rather have stability and compatibility of injects, than the fancy features of an emu.

Speaking of SNES, VC, and injects, are pretty much all games working?

Last edited by XC-3730C,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things