Hacking Play GC backup games on wii without modchip?

Josie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I have just installed the backup loader 0.3 gamma and the CIOS that came with it.
It works ok with most of wii games but I would love to play GC backup games too. I can see that the backup loader actually recognize the game but doesn't seem to be able to load it.

So, is there a way to play Gamecube backup games on DVD-r without having modchip on the wii?

I'm a newbie in these things but I've actually use the "search" in this forum, so please don't be mad at me if I'm asking something that's already been asked in the past. I read some topics talking about the chance of having a gc backup loader in the future, but then I got a little confused when I read that backup loader 0.3 gamma should already read gc backup games.

Can you help me to figure it out?

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
no,not yet.

You curently need a modchip to play GC backups but as soon as BootMii is released,Forsaekn will release cSM(Custom Systemmenu).CSM will have premative GC backup loading.

For wii backups though,you can use WiiGator's Backup launcher 0.3GammA

EDIT
zidane_genome said:
no way you did a search, because your title is almost exactly like a thread discussing HOW to get GC backups working... try your search again...

Zidane,its impossible that gc backups can be loaded so you dont need to reply here unless you are a mod(dont take this personaly or as a flame)

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no way you did a search, because your title is almost exactly like a thread discussing HOW to get GC backups working... try your search again...

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Busted..
ohmy.gif

Josie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
quincy_xD said:
You curently need a modchip to play GC backups but as soon as BootMii is released,Forsaekn will release cSM(Custom Systemmenu).CSM will have premative GC backup loading.

Thanks a lot for your reply, very clear

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quincy_xD said:
Zidane,its impossible that gc backups can be loaded so you dont need to reply here unless you are a mod(dont take this personaly or as a flame)

At this time, yes. It is CURRENTLY not possible to play Gamecube backups without a chip. There are people working on patcing MIOS (the gamecube interpreter)

You can never say something is impossible... just like it was impossible to walk on the moon, impossible to travel around the world in less than a day... it's all a matter of time... just wait... give it a few months...

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true it IS possible. However, it requires an SDgecko....gcbooter, and sdload. I have been running iso files off a 4gb non-sdhc card in the sdgecko using the 4gb non-sdhc front slot trick with the panasonic format tool and filling the card....I have no chip. Search as I did for how to set it up

EDIT I forgot you must also patch mios5 in the process....that has enough clues for you quest, git searching
smile.gif

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
zidane_genome said:
quincy_xD said:

At this time, yes. It is CURRENTLY not possible to play Gamecube backups without a chip. There are people working on patcing MIOS (the gamecube interpreter)

You can never say something is impossible... just like it was impossible to walk on the moon, impossible to travel around the world in less than a day... it's all a matter of time... just wait... give it a few months...
Sorry about the Impossible part,i meant Impossible at the moment!.

But furthermore,yeah you're right!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.