Play GC backup games on wii without modchip?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Josie, Nov 18, 2008.

Nov 18, 2008
  1. Josie
    OP

Newcomer Josie Member

Italy
    Hello, I have just installed the backup loader 0.3 gamma and the CIOS that came with it.
    It works ok with most of wii games but I would love to play GC backup games too. I can see that the backup loader actually recognize the game but doesn't seem to be able to load it.

So, is there a way to play Gamecube backup games on DVD-r without having modchip on the wii?

I'm a newbie in these things but I've actually use the "search" in this forum, so please don't be mad at me if I'm asking something that's already been asked in the past. I read some topics talking about the chance of having a gc backup loader in the future, but then I got a little confused when I read that backup loader 0.3 gamma should already read gc backup games.

Can you help me to figure it out?

2. Quincy

Member Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Netherlands
    no,not yet.

You curently need a modchip to play GC backups but as soon as BootMii is released,Forsaekn will release cSM(Custom Systemmenu).CSM will have premative GC backup loading.

For wii backups though,you can use WiiGator's Backup launcher 0.3GammA

EDIT
    Zidane,its impossible that gc backups can be loaded so you dont need to reply here unless you are a mod(dont take this personaly or as a flame)

3. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    no way you did a search, because your title is almost exactly like a thread discussing HOW to get GC backups working... try your search again...

4. zerof

Member zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Busted.. [​IMG]

5. Josie
    OP

Newcomer Josie Member

Italy
    Thanks a lot for your reply, very clear

6. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    At this time, yes. It is CURRENTLY not possible to play Gamecube backups without a chip. There are people working on patcing MIOS (the gamecube interpreter)

You can never say something is impossible... just like it was impossible to walk on the moon, impossible to travel around the world in less than a day... it's all a matter of time... just wait... give it a few months...

7. muzz

Member muzz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not true it IS possible. However, it requires an SDgecko....gcbooter, and sdload. I have been running iso files off a 4gb non-sdhc card in the sdgecko using the 4gb non-sdhc front slot trick with the panasonic format tool and filling the card....I have no chip. Search as I did for how to set it up

EDIT I forgot you must also patch mios5 in the process....that has enough clues for you quest, git searching [​IMG]

8. Quincy

Member Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Netherlands
    Sorry about the Impossible part,i meant Impossible at the moment!.

But furthermore,yeah you're right!