Hacking Newer Nintendo Switch

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A brand new Nintendo Switch with longer battery is in the store. Should I buy it and save it for the future hackable ? I have an old version and I want a newer one or should I wait for a rumour Nintendo Switch PRO next year ?

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Isn't there a lower firmware hack that doesn't involve RCM currently? The hackers just have to find a new exploit or somehow downgrade the firmware first, it's a big thing yeah, but it's unpredictable and it can happen either sooner or much later. In any case though, hacking wise, it's not wise to make a purchase on the new Switch; especially with the chances of a Pro model coming.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really ? How do you know ?
SciresM
Isn't there a lower firmware hack that doesn't involve RCM currently? The hackers just have to find a new exploit or somehow downgrade the firmware first, it's a big thing yeah, but it's unpredictable and it can happen either sooner or much later. In any case though, hacking wise, it's not wise to make a purchase on the new Switch; especially with the chances of a Pro model coming.
It doesn't work like that. Efuses prevent downgrades, with basically no way to bypass it once they are burnt without an exploit early in boot. Not impossible, but currently very unlikely.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
It doesn't work like that. Efuses prevent downgrades, with basically no way to bypass it once they are burnt without an exploit early in boot. Not impossible, but currently very unlikely.

I see, well that's a bummer. Is there any word that the guys behind all this are also focused on patched units? To me it doesn't seem like it and they're just focused on improving the current hacks.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh nice, sounds promising then.

scan his twitter he been talking about it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when buying a console for hacking its always a gamble could be for anything but there are rules that work for any console

- lowerest firmware possible - so keep it on the lowest firmware it can be
- avoid updating it
- keep it offline to be safe from monitoring or accidental updating

when looking for a hack console the things that can help

- special edition bundles this is because it gives you an idea what firmware it will have based on when it came out
- the serial number can tell you when it was manufactured to give you idea on the firmware or revision of the console

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every device is hackable, nothing can be made 100% secure. Just the amount of time it would take for someone to find a hole in its security is unpredictable, is what I was saying.
I think people working on security are not aiming for 100% efficiency. Their more realistic goal is to make it so hard to crack the device that it would take years to achieve, and if it is cracked eventually, it would be near the end-of-life, therefore greatly limiting the damage done. Is the XBOX One cracked yet? If not, their security staff did a great job, as the end-of-life is coming up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs