new dude

liquidraiden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey im super new to all things internet related. if someone could send some links for crt gaming (mainly how to) and coding links, as well as video game recommendations id, love that

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey man welcome to GBAtemp!

This is a great place for homebrew and gaming discussions so you've come for the right place for that.

Although i'm not an expert on CRT gaming and finding good coding links (unfortunately) I can still recommend you games depending on which genres you like.

liquidraiden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man welcome to GBAtemp!

This is a great place for homebrew and gaming discussions so you've come for the right place for that.

Although i'm not an expert on CRT gaming and finding good coding links (unfortunately) I can still recommend you games depending on which genres you like.
oh shit hey!! lol its funny u can see my progression into video game stuff. i really like fps' like mgs duh but also dmc5 is a huge hit for me. doom eternal too. bioshock wll always be a fave so... do with that list as you please? lol sorry not too keen on specifics besides titles.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh shit hey!! lol its funny u can see my progression into video game stuff. i really like fps' like mgs duh but also dmc5 is a huge hit for me. doom eternal too. bioshock wll always be a fave so... do with that list as you please? lol sorry not too keen on specifics besides titles.
Honestly I don't know which games I can recommend any FPS that you haven't played yet, but a few suggestions are HL1/Black Mesa, MW1-MW2 and black ops, Borderlands 2 and LFD2, last two games are better played with friends.

Honestly that's it, I would list Portal 1 & 2 but that's not a "FPS" duology in the strictest sense but take as you will, still very much worth playing tho.

And yeah it is funny on how chance made us meet each other a couple of times lol.

liquidraiden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao yeah. portal 2 is another game i love so much. Brilliant IMO. l4d is also a beloved series (still pissed gamestop dubs them 40$ relics but i digress.) I've heard black mesa before i need to look into that later. do you have any tips / starters for modding?

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lmao yeah. portal 2 is another game i love so much. Brilliant IMO. l4d is also a beloved series (still pissed gamestop dubs them 40$ relics but i digress.) I've heard black mesa before i need to look into that later. do you have any tips / starters for modding?
Yea, Portal 2 is good and play 1 if you haven't, it's good stuff.

IDK anything about modding but I like Black Mesa for a more "modern" approach to Half Life, and likewise the OG goldsrc HL1 can be appreciated for being the original and all of the innovations that started it all.

I wouldn't say one is better then the other (well that's based on your preference) but each game is a good experience for different reasons.

Honestly just choose either one to start with, you can't really go wrong with either.

If you want a more "modern" experience then pick BM

If you want the "original" experience then pick HL1, personally I started with BM and really liked those games ever sense so it depends on what you value the most.

liquidraiden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I don't know which games I can recommend any FPS that you haven't played yet, but a few suggestions are HL1/Black Mesa, MW1-MW2 and black ops, Borderlands 2 and LFD2, last two games are better played with friends.

Honestly that's it, I would list Portal 1 & 2 but that's not a "FPS" duology in the strictest sense but take as you will, still very much worth playing tho.

And yeah it is funny on how chance made us meet each other a couple of times lol.
im not sure what
Yea, Portal 2 is good and play 1 if you haven't, it's good stuff.

IDK anything about modding but I like Black Mesa for a more "modern" approach to Half Life, and likewise the OG goldsrc HL1 can be appreciated for being the original and all of the innovations that started it all.

I wouldn't say one is better then the other (well that's based on your preference) but each game is a good experience for different reasons.

Honestly just choose either one to start with, you can't really go wrong with either.

If you want a more "modern" experience then pick BM

If you want the "original" experience then pick HL1, personally I started with BM and really liked those games ever sense so it depends on what you value the most.
whats a BM? sorry, terms are still new to me. learned yeaterday what any % is in speedrunning

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL