OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Canada
A while ago, I began a search for a normal looking 4.3U Wii Dark theme, but every single one I found had an eye peeling splash screen or some accent color -- where all I wanted was a simple light and dark grey dark theme. Yesterday, at last, I found it. I have some pictures provided by the distributor of the theme on imgur here:

It came as a .csm, which I knew was an unsafe way to transfer Wii theme files, so I tried it out on my backup Wii, which I never use for various reasons. It didnt brick, however MyMenuify Mod returned an error. "Install can not continue ! The install theme version0 is not a match for the system menu version43". I know it's possible to fix this, however I have nowhere near the required time or skill to do so.

If anyone knows how to fix the file, it can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EzpqYi_zHlHlkh-zSHkiqMR6-DeLLAku/view

I'm sure others are interested in a clean Wii dark theme too, so please help if you can.

Thanks

Last edited by iPaper,
Reactions: jeannotte

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded 4.3U from NUS, obtained the 00000097.app, and used ThemeMii to debuild the CSM to MYM. You should now be able to rebuild it as rebuild it as a CSM.

I'll try making it as a CSM later if I remember, as this is a nice theme. Thank you for bringing it to my attention :)

I don't know for sure that it will work, though.

Attachments

• Dark Wii.rar
    933.2 KB · Views: 234
Last edited by banjo2,

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I may be mistaken but I think this is the same as the dark wii blue theme available via modmii
I'm afraid not
IMG_20200504_121356862.jpg

(From ModMii "View All Available Themes on YouTube")

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

iPaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've downloaded 4.3U from NUS, obtained the 00000097.app, and used ThemeMii to debuild the CSM to MYM. You should now be able to rebuild it as rebuild it as a CSM.

I'll try making it as a CSM later if I remember, as this is a nice theme. Thank you for bringing it to my attention :)

Will try in a couple minutes, thanks for the help! I knew I could count on the forums :)

iPaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Canada

Sorry Man, didn’t work. Got the same error as last time. I did everything correctly, used the proper .app file for my region, packed as a csm using ThemeMii, so I don’t think I am the reason why, however that’s still a possibility:P Any ideas?

iPaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was able to install it successfully using the CSM generated by MyMenu, have you tried that?

View attachment 207810
I had no clue MyMenu was a thing, I was using NUSD and ThemeMii. Thanks so much for this, the search is finally over.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was able to install it successfully using the CSM generated by MyMenu, have you tried that?

View attachment 207810

Alright, moment of truth. I really hope this works, but judging my luck -- I have a feeling it won't :wacko:

iPaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn’t work, I got the same error.

Yeah, it doesn’t work for me. I keep getting the same error.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn’t work, I got the same error.

Yeah, it doesn’t work for me. I keep getting the same error.
Maybe try reinstalling the System Menu, reinstalling Priiloader right after (reinstalling the System Menu removes Priiloader, iirc) and then trying to install it? Otherwise, I have no ideas.

Reactions: XFlak

iPaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was going to suggest the same thing, this is the only thing I can think of....

Actually... I thought of one other thing, can't hurt to post a Syscheck, maybe mymenuify doesn't play well with the cios you have installed...
Sorry for the late reply, been in and out of getting a new computer. Will send a syscheck in like 2 hours...

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun