Gaming NDS Lite Top Screen Went Blank (White)

gamefreaq91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's the deal, my screen went white for no reason that I can think of. It was working just fine yesterday. I had just recently replaced it too since I had a broken hinge which caused the top half of my DS to swing and move around.

But there is one thing that strikes me as curious. When I press on the d-pad hard enough it begins to show picture again. Releasing the pressure makes it go blank again or causes lines on the screen. Is this something I can fix without having to replace the screen again? Any and all responses are appreciated.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
You have damaged the ribbon cable between upper and lower case or if lucky you didn't click tab across when you replaced the screen.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the D-pad is on the same side as the upper LCD connector, it sounds to me like you did not secure the cable to the connector very well. So when you press down on the D-pad, the pressure causes the connector to push toward the cable, creating the very light contact that produces the picture. Make sure that the two "tabs" to each side of the LCD cable essentially touching the connector. Let us know if you fix it.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can run a DS without the top screen attached for a dandy GBA player.
and its ridiculously simple, you just connect 2 points on the board to a simple LED. thats it.

just search for "DS without top screen attached"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)