Moonshell 2 Splash.ani

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by bekar, Jan 22, 2010.

1. bekar
    OP

bekar GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    United States
    Im using a Sakura themed skin for Moonshell 2 and I wanted a splash.ani that imitates the sakura skin I'm using. I'm using:

Sakura Skin for Moonshell 2

Basically I want something that looks pink and slick similar to the theme I'm using. Just a simple splash.ani.
    But I don't want it to say Sakura on it... Or even moonshell. I don't want any text on the splash.ani.
    It doesn't have to even be an animation... I don't mind just a solid picture.
    Could someone please create/upload a splash.ani as described as above? I would appreciate it much!
    Oh, and I download link as well [​IMG]

2. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    I'm not at home at the moment but if you just want a static screen for your splash.ani perhaps you can make one yourself

1) Find a suitable pink graphic like [​IMG] from either Google images - or any of the many 'windows wallpaper' websites
    2) Use your favorite art package (Gimp/Paintshopro or whatever) & resize it to 256 x 192
    (Maybe even alter the brightness/contrast to make it more 'pastel' shade of pink)
    3) Save it as a BMP into the '\misctools\MakeSplashAniForMS2\default\' folder (delete or move everything else out of this folder - otherwise you'll end up with a weird animated splash.ani)
    4) Then run the 'Makesplash.exe' tool in the Moonshell '\misctools\MakeSplashAniForMS2\'

You end up with a splash.ani - copy it into Moonshell folder (replacing the existing one)

3. CannonFoddr

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
  4. bekar
    OP

bekar GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    United States
    Unfortunately I read your first post and made one myself.
    I saw later you had posted yours... I tried yours and I was impressed!
    However I still prefer the one I made [​IMG]

Here's the skin AND my splash.ani to whoever wants it:

Sakura Skin and Splash for Moonshell 2

Enjoy!
    ...and thank you CannonFoddr for the help! Much appreciated!

5. CannonFoddr

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    No problems... It more practice for me