Homebrew Discussion Mac & transfert files with USB ?

alucard_xs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

I've got a Mac and a Switch and I'm wondering what would be the best choice to transfer files over USB (it's a pain to take out the SD card each time)
I've got a SX pro on my Switch / emunand.

Thanks

trueicecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use nxmtp homebrew. This will detect the switch as mtp device and you could transfer files up to 4gb using Android file transfer. Or use Goldleaf and ns-usbloader

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nx-mtp works well for me. I haven't tried the newer mtp homebrew yet but that's another option. Google's official Android File Transfer app works fine on the Mac end. If you have trouble getting mtp working on your Mac, look for my post in the nx-mtp thread about killing a MacOS process called PTPServer or something.

Honestly I still use ftp for most smallish file transfers as it saves me fucking with cables. NS-USBloader and real tinfoil for USB game installs tho.

Last edited by hippy dave,

jimzrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
besides nx-mtp you can use rajkosto's memloader - a hekate payload to mount your sdcard as normal flash storage. Only downside is that you have to reboot your switch every time.
just google rajkosto memloader, I cannot post links yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.