Latest hackable/flashcard-usable firmware?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GoldenSun3DS, Nov 17, 2016.

1. GoldenSun3DS
    OP

GoldenSun3DS GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    I'm planning on buying the New 3DS on Black Friday for Pokemon Sun and Mario Maker (sold my Wii U).

But I was wondering what firmware the Black Friday New 3DS's would come with, and if latest firmware, whether that would be hackable.

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    The new 3ds will be no doubt 11.0 meaning you can't install cfw without hardmod or dsiware downgrade
    You can get a sky3ds but flashcarts for the 3ds are scams since you can do the same thing for free and better

3. Redferne

Redferne GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2015
    Hardmod and DSiware downgrade are not free...
    CFW is better.
    But if you have no other choice SKY3DS+ is the only way, beside actually paying for the game, I mean.

4. GoldenSun3DS
    OP

GoldenSun3DS GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    How much are 3DS flashcards typically, then?

EDIT:
    Could a 3DS Flashcard be used for emulating latest firmware (staying on old firmware but going online with physical retail carts like Sun/Moon)?

Last edited by GoldenSun3DS, Nov 18, 2016
  5. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Nope, Flashcard itse'f can't. You need emuNAND for this.

6. CreAtor135

CreAtor135 GBATemp's #1 Nothing

Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    Ikeb, Ukuro
    The latest hackable firmware is- 11.2, however, you can't pirate unless you're on 9.2. You can however, downgrade, but ever since 11.0, you can only do this with a hardmod or a secondhand 3DS that already has CFW. You can buy these services, but I'm not sure you'd want to buy anything. If you're ready to, check out this thread.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/