Keystones aren't original

ob3iously

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Came across a ton of dumps where I found that the keystones aren't original.

After I extract the pkg and check the keystone in a hex editor, they match the sample keystone given on psdevwiki. I can only assume that the keystones I came across are indeed not original.

If my assumption is correct (please correct me if I'm wrong), is there a method to create an original keystone for each dump?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Came across a ton of dumps where I found that the keystones aren't original.

After I extract the pkg and check the keystone in a hex editor, they match the sample keystone given on psdevwiki. I can only assume that the keystones I came across are indeed not original.

If my assumption is correct (please correct me if I'm wrong), is there a method to create an original keystone for each dump?
Keystone are made by orbis, based on the passcode, which is unique. There's no way to make a legit one without knowing the passcode.

ob3iously

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keystone are made by orbis, based on the passcode, which is unique. There's no way to make a legit one without knowing the passcode.
Bummer. So if the keystone isn't original, then that's that yeah?

Keystones are basically only important for using saves on retail copies, right? So not like a huge deal if you're strictly using fpkg's anyhow?

crueI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of there's something you can do folks.

Buy the game that hasn't been dumped with the original keystone, dump it WITH the original keystone, and spread the wealth :yayps3:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Taco flavored kisses