• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

January 6th hearings

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Constitution establishes a federal democratic republic form of government. That is, we have an indivisible union of 50 sovereign States. It is a democracy because people govern themselves. It is representative because people choose elected officials by free and secret ballot.

That republic your so fond of quoting turns out it’s kind of a....democracy
I mean don’t take my word for it maybe read the constitution
If you scroll up, you'll see that I quoted a couple of Founders who were actually there. Benjamin Franklin called it a republic and James Madison, the author of the Constitution, is quoted as saying he despised democracies.

I'll take the word of the guys who wrote the Constitution.

I have moved on from this conversation as one, it is off topic and two, I've said all I have to say on the subject. I even wrote it all down for your reading pleasure.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Bghope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were smarter, wiser and braver than you a
They were smarter, wiser and braver than you are though.
-snip-
Seems smart gets to talk smack about something and then goes ahead and signs up for something completely different sounds like an ass.

Your defence is I quoted a guy who said it’s not a duck and then signed a document saying I love ducks and this is definitely a duck.

Last edited by Bghope,
Reactions: Dark_Ansem and smf

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They were smarter, wiser and braver than you are though.
-snip-
At this point, it's clear you are just a cult member. I have 234 more years of experience than those douchebags, while you want to ignore what happened in the mean time and dream of living in the past.

Yeah they did one thing you like, which was arguably good on balance, but there is no need to go all "kim jong un" on them.

Your defence is I quoted a guy who said it’s not a duck and then signed a document saying I love ducks and this is definitely a duck.
It's worse, the argument is "it can't be a duck, because the person who made the duck said they didn't like ducks". We have no idea whether he was deranged, or whether he was playing to two audiences. A bit like how Trump handled the Covid 19 pandemic and January 6th riots.

Last edited by smf,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems smart gets to talk smack about something and then goes ahead and signs up for something completely different sounds like an ass.

Just because you perceive it to be a duck doesn't mean it is actually a duck. Once again, I will trust the guy who actually wrote the Constitution over some nobody on a tech forum.
Post automatically merged:

At this point, it's clear you are just a cult member. I have 234 more years of experience than those douchebags, while you want to ignore what happened in the mean time and dream of living in the past.

Yeah they did one thing you like, which was arguably good on balance, but there is no need to go all "kim jong un" on them.
That's a lot of projection there for a Branch Covidian who spent the last couple of years worshipping Fauci, saying he is smarter than peer reviewed cardiologists and Harvard Medical doctors.

• Haha

Bghope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because you perceive it to be a duck doesn't mean it is actually a duck. Once again, I will trust the guy who actually wrote the Constitution over some nobody on a tech forum.

That's a lot of projection there for a Branch Covidian who spent the last couple of years worshipping Fauci, saying he is smarter than peer reviewed cardiologists and Harvard Medical doctors.
What is it with you right wing southerners oh I know it’s cause you all worship men like madison.

I quote
One of the few insights Feldman provides into Madison's personal life was his failed attempt to court Catherine "Kitty" Floyd, the daughter of one his fellow delegates to the Continental Congress. Kitty was 15 at the time; Madison was 32.

Yeah nice guy that madison

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is it with you right wing southerners oh I know it’s cause you all worship men like madison.
First of all, I'm not a southerner. I'm a Texan. Huge difference. What is it with leftists and accusing others of worshipping people? No wonder you all are called NPC's, you say the same things to the same people. Try having an original thought.
I quote
One of the few insights Feldman provides into Madison's personal life was his failed attempt to court Catherine "Kitty" Floyd, the daughter of one his fellow delegates to the Continental Congress. Kitty was 15 at the time; Madison was 32.

Yeah nice guy that madison
It was common in the 1700's for early marriages. People had to have big families to work on the family farm and you can't have big families if women didn't start having babies until they were 30.

Maybe now would be a good time to bring up Biden showering with his daughter. Nice guy that you support.

Learn some history, Scooter, before running your mouth.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's no such thing as alternative facts. That's just a word the groomer media told you to say.
Actually it was your hero Trump and his cabal who had the idea... senility once again.

State the lie
You said "america isn't a democracy", which may be true under RepubliKKKan administration but we aren't there yet.

men like madison
Half-men FTFY

First of all, I'm not a southerner. I'm a Texan. Huge difference
Lol Texas is in the South of the US, more of your embarrassing hair-splitting distinctions without meaningful differences. No wonder you're a small-time NPC with no original thoughts except your cultist parrot-like vomiting.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it was your hero Trump and his cabal who had the idea... senility once again.
The term used is fake news. And considering their TV ratings are down and WaPo lost 500 thousand subscribers last year, I'm not the only one who thinks that's true.
You said "america isn't a democracy", which may be true under RepubliKKKan administration but we aren't there yet.
Rep Adam Schiff was getting people censored and banned for wrongthink, just like a fascist.
Half-men FTFY
Still twice the man you are. They also kicked your British ass, lol.
Lol Texas is in the South of the US, more of your embarrassing hair-splitting distinctions without meaningful differences. No wonder you're a small-time NPC with no original thoughts except your cultist parrot-like vomiting.
Go talk to a New Yorker and a Bostonian and try to tell them they are the same and see what kind of reaction you get. Better yet, go tell somebody from London and somebody from Belfast they are the same. They are both from the UK after all.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Go talk to a New Yorker and a Bostonian and try to tell them they are the same and see what kind of reaction you get. Better yet, go tell somebody from London and somebody from Belfast they are the same. They are both from the UK after all.
I accept your surrender

Still twice the man you are. They also kicked your British ass, lol.
Which means 10 times the "man" you are?

Rep Adam Schiff was getting people censored and banned for wrongthink, just like a fascist.
Ah yes the "censorship" which somehow is always decried but never happens.

The term used is fake news. And considering their TV ratings are down and WaPo lost 500 thousand subscribers last year, I'm not the only one who thinks that's true.
It's alternative facts as well. You know who else is dropping? Newsmax, fox and the rest of your crap.

• Haha
Reactions: TraderPatTX

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accept your surrender
Sure. Whatever you say. Don't call us when Russia's on your doorstep.
Which means 10 times the "man" you are?
Recycling what I say is not a good look.
Ah yes the "censorship" which somehow is always decried but never happens.
Except it's proven in emails now. Looks like somebody watches CNN and doesn't know what is going on.
1673043602851.png

It's alternative facts as well. You know who else is dropping? Newsmax, fox and the rest of your crap.
Good. Fox News and Newsmax have been exposing who they really are for a few years now. I hope they suffer more than CNN and WaPo.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure. Whatever you say. Don't call us when Russia's on your doorstep
So when your master is on our doorstep?

Recycling what I say is not a good look.
I improved it because you were being a bit silly and your statements are just sad.

Except it's proven in emails now. Looks like somebody watches CNN and doesn't know what is going on.
Nothing in that email talks about censorship, how interesting that someone who'd go out of his way to embarass himself by saying the US isn't a democracy but a "Republic" by splitting hairs would now go for such a broad and vastly inaccurate interpretation. Almost as if you're being your usual NPC indoctrinated self.

Good. Fox News and Newsmax have been exposing who they really are for a few years now. I hope they suffer more than CNN and WaPo.
You know, I'd almost be inclined to believe this statement if you didn't regurgitate constantly their talking points, like a good NPC.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when your master is on our doorstep?
Sure, but still, don't call us. Call NATO.
I improved it because you were being a bit silly and your statements are just sad.
You improving anything is impossible.
Nothing in that email talks about censorship, how interesting that someone who'd go out of his way to embarass himself by saying the US isn't a democracy but a "Republic" by splitting hairs would now go for such a broad and vastly inaccurate interpretation. Almost as if you're being your usual NPC indoctrinated self.
English really isn't your primary language. Paul Sperry ended up getting his account banned.
You know, I'd almost be inclined to believe this statement if you didn't regurgitate constantly their talking points, like a good NPC.
I have never had nice things to say about Fox News and I dare you to point to where I did.

Man, @Dark_Ansem is fucking boring. When are you going to develop a character? We all know what @TraderPatTX is, but what are you? Maybe avoiding paying child support was interesting, for somebody.
Dark_Assem is just a troll and flamer. He flames every single thread he comments on. I have yet to see him add anything constructive to any conversation on GBATemp. I gotta say though, it is getting boring proving this guy wrong every single day.

Last edited by TraderPatTX,
  • Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dark_Assem is just a troll and flamer. He flames every single thread he comments on. I have yet to see him add anything constructive to any conversation on GBATemp. I gotta say though, it is getting boring proving this guy wrong every single day.
Luckily you never did so...

I have never had nice things to say about Fox News and I dare you to point to where I did.
You are obviously illiterate, because that's not what I said.

English really isn't your primary language. Paul Sperry ended up getting his account banned.
The USA is a democracy, no matter how flawed it is, and for the little time it remains. So for all your harping about "English not being primary language" you're amazingly illiterate.

You improving anything is impossible.
I improve the threads you infest with your nonsense so... you're wrong.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luckily you never did so...
Sure buddy.
You are obviously illiterate, because that's not what I said.
LOL
The USA is a democracy, no matter how flawed it is, and for the little time it remains. So for all your harping about "English not being primary language" you're amazingly illiterate.
It's a republic.
I improve the threads you infest with your nonsense so... you're wrong.
LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...