Hardware Hacking Homebrew Is there a gamecard or cart hack?

Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a new chip that uses the game card on the switch???

I've seen sometime advertising this seems like a scam. There's a lot of people who say this isn't even possible. From my understanding it could be but there's separate fw for the game card reader so you'd need to hack that anyway.

Anyway the guy said he can do any model including Oled for £40... It doesn't seem legit. He also said the games are already installed which is impossible even in the biggest SD card. He could be talking about a tinfoil shop? But even so this seems too good to be true.

If anyone has any information to the contrary let me know. I don't think I'll go pay him a visit with a pocket full of notes.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've seen sometime advertising this seems like a scam. There's a lot of people who say this isn't even possible. From my understanding it could be but there's separate fw for the game card reader so you'd need to hack that anyway.

Anyway the guy said he can do any model including Oled for £40... It doesn't seem legit. He also said the games are already installed which is impossible even in the biggest SD card. He could be talking about a tinfoil shop? But even so this seems too good to be true.

If anyone has any information to the contrary let me know. I don't think I'll go pay him a visit with a pocket full of notes.
There is nothing and never will be anything for the game card slot this dragon thing was just a usb-c injecter just like the RCM Loader just it used a button cell so it can be stored in the game card slot nothing more

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There are no flashcarts for the Switch.

Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I thought it was highly unlikely.

I messaged the guy to see if I could get to the bottom of it. I was hoping there was new technology or something. The ad is a bit misleading he seems to imply its a flashcart. When I messaged him I actually found out its the SD Card.

He claims it has every game pre installed linked in on a private server. I asked him to show me a screenshot. What he's basically done is installed tinfoil. He has a link to a working freeshop.

He also said he can do any switch model. Which is complete s****. I think he doesn't want to tell people how to check the serials online. Any site that has that information will also have information on how to homebrew your switch (or he doesn't know himself). I figure he's probably just seeing if he can launch a payload when you turn up at the door (then saying he can't do it as it must be a new one).

Anyway I'm not taking mine. It's already hacked. It'd be nice if someone found a new "back door". But really this is just another scam artist. That might be a little harsh as he is proving a service but its really not that hard to do. Plus I doubt he's doing it properly by blocking nintendo and providing an RCM Loader (Definately not worth £50).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night