Hardware Hacking Homebrew I need help with my External HDD.

Werthorga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My WD USB 3.0 1TB Hard drive is half-working with my Wii.
What I mean by that is that it is recognized by only some programs.
It isn't recognized by the HBC which means that I have to use WiiXplorer to run Homebrew.
Even then, I have trouble running games using WiiFlow, my main USB loader. With WiiFlow, when I try to load a game I am sent back to the loader. It does absolutely nothing.

Serial: WXJ2A61F1KV3
P/N: WDBYVG0010BBK-0B

I went on a 2 hour walk back and forth from the Walmart getting this thing. It has to work.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First i have no idea if the supports +3TB drives (i'm assuming you did your research), and (Sorry to state the obvious) but is it formatted as Fat32 and has a primary partition? Wii Games were transfered using WiiBackupmanager? And is it plugged in the right-most usb port?

Reactions: jeannotte

Werthorga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First i have no idea if the supports +3TB drives (i'm assuming you did your research), and (Sorry to state the obvious) but is it formatted as Fat32 and has a primary partition? Wii Games were transfered using WiiBackupmanager? And is it plugged in the right-most usb port?
It is formatted as FAT32, and it has a primary partition; but in USB Loaders such as CFG, this partition is labeled as "UNK-ee". I use linux so unfortunately i cannot use Wiibackupmanager. It is always plugged into the right most port

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Wii games (put more than 1 game for testing) should be in the wbfs folder on the root of the HDD, also try with USBLoaderGX if WiiFlow's not working. And you're using an sd card for the homebrew files, right? Just keep HBC, USBLoaderGX, WiiFlow etc on there.
You're not on Uneek/Sneek?
You should post a syscheck too.

Reactions: jeannotte

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I also have two WD's and I'm pretty sure your problem is the file table, the Wii is MBR compatible and large and new HDD's tend to be in GPT, you need to change that to ensure proper HDD operation on the Wii.

I have no idea how to do it in Linux so you will have to research on the internet, I understand that in Linux you can create a virtual machine running Windows I recommend you to do it to be able to move the games to the HDD (after switching to MBR) using wiibackup manager, this to ensure that everything was done correctly and rule out that it is a problem with the disk.

Reactions: XFlak and jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...