i cant launch pokemon violet

reddandbloo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wanna preface this by saying, the copy of violet i own is an 100% legal copy. my grandma got me the scarlet and violet double pack for hannukah last year.

this is a strange situation that's extremely worrying and frustrating for me considering that i've finished the game and have a good handful of shinies.

my switch has been dead for a few weeks, and before that the last game i had in the switch was brilliant diamond. before that, it was violet, which worked perfectly fine. i played it through fusee on both my regular save and my randomizer save, and both worked fine. the only glitches i ever experienced were from the game itself, and they were minor visual bugs like the lighting being weird.

i felt like hopping on to shiny hunt a little, so i charged up my switch and launched atmosphere. the game refused to load, just getting stuck on the nintendo switch loading screen. the game did NOT do this the last time i ran it, and it's been safely stored in it's proper case. this is NOT an issue with the cartridge. i don't let anyone touch my games. the game worked when i ran it on stock, so i backed up my save on checkpoint and went off to play some other games.

today i booted it up on atmosphere and it did the same strange infinite loading thing as expected. i launched it on stock and instead of loading, it gave me a generic "the software was closed" error. this keeps happening and i CANNOT boot up the game. i dont know what's going on.

i do have mods, but i've had them since april and they disable themselves when on stock, so i don't think that's the issue. this whole thing is so frustrating and i don't wanna have to move to scarlet which i like less and have no progress in. any help would be appreciated. :gba:

Last edited by reddandbloo,

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have you tried a different cartridge? Other people might not have touched your gamecard, but that doesn't mean it has no issues. You have the double pack, can you boot up scarlet just fine in Stock mode? are you on a very old firmware or the latest?

reddandbloo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried a different cartridge? Other people might not have touched your gamecard, but that doesn't mean it has no issues. You have the double pack, can you boot up scarlet just fine in Stock mode? are you on a very old firmware or the latest?
i tried legends arceus and that worked fine, thing is it doesnt give me a cartridge related error, just a generic crash error (or just doesnt load)
when i tried the first time, i was about one update below the current one, even now that i updated my switch the game still wont work
scarlet is telling me i need to update it and that a software update is missing for it even though i didnt delete anything for it ? so ill try to get that figured out but i dont think thatll fix violet which is giving me the same issue
edit: scarlet updated and works fine, but violet is telling me i cant update it because the user who bought the game isnt present? ive only ever ran the game on my main account so im confused

Last edited by reddandbloo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.