Homebrew How to set the Luma3DS pin?

Deleted member 460564

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So to give a little context as to why I am wanting to do/ask this, a family friend wants me to install luma onto their 3ds and because one of their kids are power hungry and wants to control everything in the house, they want me to set a pin on it to prevent it from booting if the user doesn't know the passcode(The power hungry person wouldn't even have any motive if they were to find out about the pin and couldn't get in, trust me, I dated that person for a year).

I'm afraid of locking them out of their 3ds as I have never set a pin on a 3ds with luma. Does the luma config prompt for a pin after you have saved the config?

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can set up a pin by first installing b9s using this guide 3ds.hacks.guide and when you have it all setup, you hold select on boot, and the luma config screen should pop-up. You can then use the D-Pad to move the curser to set pin. You can choose between 4, 6, or 8 digits. Then you just input a code and you have a pin on the 3ds. Note though, you can remove the password by deleting the luma config file on the sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1