Hacking Homebrew ROM Hack How can I solve this problem I have with mods?

paaolasantanaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried playing a NSMBU mod using the hombrew app SDCafiine and everything works fine except for the custom sound which doesn't load and instead plays the original music from the game. What can I do?

Trophies
XP
my suggestion is to search the actual game files for the corresponding directory and file names. I've seen one too many SDCaffiene mod packs go down this path either because of a simple typo or directory misplacement such as @godreborn stated. Also I know this doesn't apply to SdCaffiene but I suggest always using the digital version of the game for modding because it allows access to the 00050000 directory of the game and not just the update allowing for more hands on file research to the game itself

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my suggestion is to search the actual game files for the corresponding directory and file names. I've seen one too many SDCaffiene mod packs go down this path either because of a simple typo or directory misplacement such as @godreborn stated. Also I know this doesn't apply to SdCaffiene but I suggest always using the digital version of the game for modding because it allows access to the 00050000 directory of the game and not just the update allowing for more hands on file research to the game itself
I'm actually mildly surprised that nobody's made support for mounting a disc's filesystem yet. Support like that exists for the Wii.

Trophies
XP
I'm actually mildly surprised that nobody's made support for mounting a disc's filesystem yet. Support like that exists for the Wii.
Actually upon browsing system files this was already possible, using Laf111's FTP server that gave correct file perms, going to the directory /storage_odd_content2 holds the disc's file contents.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5