I've tried to use the new version as well. For whatever reason it's not accepting my new folder structure. I've edited some things with Pk3DS with the previous release. Not sure if that effects the outcome I'm getting or not...
The file paths I'm using:
OmegaRuby\ExeFS\ (the 3 bin files. icon.bin, code.bin, and the banner.bin files are within this folder)
OmegaRuby\RomFS\ (contents of extracted RomFS folder)
OmegaRuby\exHeader.bin (not sure if I need this right now or not. Did try it without this file present and no difference)
Not sure at this point where I point it to. Pointing it to the "a" folder like in previous builds doesn't work anymore. As you suggested, I restructured my rom for the new build and pointed it to my "OmegaRuby" folder. Still nothing.
I've recompiled the latest source code so I know for sure I got the latest build right now.
EDIT: I did check the "a" folder. There are no files in it that there should not be. (like extracted GARC folders and what not from other programs like RSTE/RSTW).
I did use RSTE/RSTW back when they were separate programs on my original randomizer. Of coarse once I was done I repacked with GARCTool and deleted the extracted folders it created. I then deleted the old garc files I changed and renamed the ones generated by GARCTool while repacking to no longer have a file extension like the original. So the folder structure of my "a" folder is still correct even after I transitioned to using the original release of PK3DS.
I'm still in the middle of LPing the randomizer of the rom I built. I really do not want to start over on it. Please don't tell me I have to restore the original files. Not sure why the program would check for this as many might use it on a rom that's been edited before....
Well I did add "wild eggs" to my randomizer by editing the source code of RSTW (original version with randomizer, not the one currently part of PK3DS) so I can add a pokemon species at pokedex entry 722 to the routes of my choosing. (non existant and technically considered a MissingNo pokemon).
The randomizer functions seem to have not worked correctly after doing so, so I used the unedited copy of RSTW to randomize first, then add the wild eggs manually to a few routes afterwords with my customized version of RSTW.
Worked fine ingame on my initial test on route 101. Wild Egg acts like a normal MissingNo. No moves or ability. But if I encounter one in my randomiizer, I'll catch it and randomize it's moves off screen like I did my starters.
(also Wild Egg along with the other MissingNo's appear to have a default 0 catch rate so they are always catchable on the first try)
Would be nice to be able to define a proper species for pokedex entry 722, but the current tools can't create new pokemon species yet.
The interesting thing about "Wild Egg" (egg that can be used in battle) is that it's basically just a MissingNo. I tried other non existent pokedex entries like 723 and beyond and they are all the same. Just Bulbasaurs with no abilities or moves.
But the odd thing is that MissingNo on the pokedex entry 722 instead uses the Egg model. (everything else like battle cry and what not are the same as the rest).
Interesting why the game chose that for this particular pokemon. When I caught it ingame while testing route 101, the model displayed while "registering" the pokemon in the pokedex had the Bulbasaur model like the rest. But the menu icon and it's in battle sprite/model is that of an Egg.
Perhaps the new build of PK3DS is not liking the MissingNos I added to the encounter tables. .... I don't want to redo my randomization that would kinda invalidate my current LP of the randomizer I'm doing.
If that's the case let me know. I can maybe fix this by adding "Wild Egg" to the species list so it might then accept my current rom. The reason I still need to use PK3DS with this rom is that I'd like to eventually replace the "fainted" text in the game text editor to read as "dead" and "died" in the battle text so that it matches the theme of doing a nuzlocke. I found the related entries, but my current method of building the rom means that I must have the game patch for it to boot correctly. And the game patch currently overrides certain things like game text. Thus the reason why I still have unfinished work to do on my randomizer rom that I'm LPing. I would like to somehow get wild egg added as a proper species entry and randomize it's moveset and ability, but that probably won't be possible for awhile. Guess I'll just have to do it manually when I do encounter it like I originally planned.
Also, another thing I tested is that MissingNo's (when generated correctly I would assume) do not transform into Bad Eggs like they might have in previous gen games. Bad Eggs don't really seem to be much of an occurrence this generation. The reported Bad Eggs from Pokemon X/Y might have been a hardware fluke?
No one's really hacked the game to allow catching pokemon from trainers, so hard to tell if Bad Egg functions the same way. But MissingNos added as encounterable pokemon on routes do not result in BadEggs. Maybe Gamefreak thought the added security/encryption of the 3DS system would be enough and decided to tone down the Bad Egg stuff.
Another thing that I would have loved to see is what pokemon the game would generate if I tried to set a pokemon as pokedex entry 0 on a route somewhere. But currently as the way the tools and PkHeX are currently programmed, I can't really do that. So the end result of that will continue to be a mystery to me.
Tried with unedited unpacked RomFS. Same result. Won't open it. Had nothing to do with my wild eggs.
Perhaps adding the option to manually define all the base paths instead of using auto detection. It's just not working for me.