Hacking Having a slight issue with this guide.

DarkMaiku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am following this guide here and I ran into a small problem.
https://citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-game-cartridges/

Section II - Flashing ntrboot
  1. Launch ntrboot_flasher_nds.nds on your device using your flashcart
  2. Press (A) to continue
  3. Use (Up) and (Down) to select your flashcart
  4. Press (A) to continue
  5. Select “Dump flash” to make a backup of your flashcart’s memory
  6. Input the key combo given to confirm
  7. Press (A) to continue
  8. Use (Up) and (Down) to select your flashcart
  9. Press (A) to continue
  10. Select “Inject FIRM” to install boot9strap to your flashcart
  11. Input the key combo given to confirm
  12. Press (A) to continue
  13. Power off your device
Now after doing this it threw me in error as shown in the pic, did I miss something or does ntrboot not support the card in the picture ?

Attachments

• 20210528_182554.jpg
    20210528_182554.jpg
    823.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 20210528_214643_HDR.jpg
    20210528_214643_HDR.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 142

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the error message says "Does not include the 2013 Dual-Core variant", so a lack of support seems kind of likely.

More to the point, the page you linked to says nothing about using ntrboot and there's no need to flash ntrboot except for highly unusual circumstances. If you are trying to install b9s, then I think you will find that upon taking a closer look at the Guide, there are other means of doing so.

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, the error message says "Does not include the 2013 Dual-Core variant", so a lack of support seems kind of likely.

More to the point, the page you linked to says nothing about using ntrboot and there's no need to flash ntrboot except for highly unusual circumstances. If you are trying to install b9s, then I think you will find that upon taking a closer look at the Guide, there are other means of doing so.
Actually, the card says 2021, so it isn't a 2013 one. BUT, if you read closely the box it says r4isdhc.com.cn. It's a totally different brand than r4isdhc.com.

So, afaik, that specific brand of R4iSDHC cards isn't supported by ntrboot. Your best choice is installing boot9strap via the browser method found in the guide.

DarkMaiku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well last time I tried hacking it through the browser it didn't work especially after I followed a guide on youtube a few months ago.
I'll try it again and see what happens.

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok so I followed the guide, SafeB9SInstaller told me that sighaxed was not located.
Where do I get the file at ?
You downloaded boot9strap-1.3.zip, right? Not the ntr version, neither the devkit version nor the ntr devkit version. And you extracted each and every file in their appropiate folders? Double check it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night