Hacking getting back into hacked ps3

AlabasterPenguins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently dug out my hacked PS3 which I used to get that and use that Tales of Vesperia PS3 english translation fanpatch, but after that I had moved a couple times and kinda forgot everything I had learned about it so what I do know is that I have Multiman (ver. 4.81), Cobra CFW Tools (ver. 2.00), and Rebug Toolbox (ver. 2.01).
I'd like to be able to play backups, and maybe some emulators and such, any help is appreciated

Reactions: Eveldee

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To play backups, you can either install them directly to your PS3 using PKGs, without forgetting to install associated RAP files (for example using PSN Patch). Or, you can directly play the games off an external usb hdd/ssd using webMan and ISO files put in associated folders (PS3ISO, PS2ISO, PSXISO). I prefer the webMan with ISOs way and you can still copy the games to your internal PS3 storage if needed (I do that using IrisMan).

For emulators you can take a look at RetroArch, I've never used any so I can't help you much on that.

You may also want to update your CFW not needed but it comes with some nice new features/bug fix. Take a look at Evilnat's CFW if you want to be on latest version. Note that you can't play online without the latest version, but be careful if you do so because you can get banned, never forget to disable syscalls, etc when you go online using tools like SEN Enabler.

Reactions: AlabasterPenguins

AlabasterPenguins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To play backups, you can either install them directly to your PS3 using PKGs, without forgetting to install associated RAP files (for example using PSN Patch). Or, you can directly play the games off an external usb hdd/ssd using webMan and ISO files put in associated folders (PS3ISO, PS2ISO, PSXISO). I prefer the webMan with ISOs way and you can still copy the games to your internal PS3 storage if needed (I do that using IrisMan).

For emulators you can take a look at RetroArch, I've never used any so I can't help you much on that.

You may also want to update your CFW not needed but it comes with some nice new features/bug fix. Take a look at Evilnat's CFW if you want to be on latest version. Note that you can't play online without the latest version, but be careful if you do so because you can get banned, never forget to disable syscalls, etc when you go online using tools like SEN Enabler.
Alrighty I'll look into those to trying to set it up when I get the time.
if I do set it up online is there a way to update the CFW programs that way or will I have to seek out the update files in order to update them manually?

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alrighty I'll look into those to trying to set it up when I get the time.
if I do set it up online is there a way to update the CFW programs that way or will I have to seek out the update files in order to update them manually?

You'll need to update each homebrew one by one, I don't even know if there's a good store for it. I usually just check the associated forum thread on PSX-Place or the GitHub repo when available and download directly there, it's always the most up-to-date source.

Reactions: AlabasterPenguins

AlabasterPenguins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to update each homebrew one by one, I don't even know if there's a good store for it. I usually just check the associated forum thread on PSX-Place or the GitHub repo when available and download directly there, it's always the most up-to-date source.
alrighty that's what I was thinking I'd have to do but just wanted to make sure

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: