Gaming controllers on pc

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by G36cBossMan, Sep 24, 2016.

1. G36cBossMan
    OP

G36cBossMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2010
    United States
    Im currently using a wired 360 controller with xpadder but on shooting games such as call of duty etc. the sensitivity is way off i tried lowering the sensitivity in game but its still way off i was looking online and found this will this fix that issue since its an actual gaming controller designed for pc? just wanna know before i buy thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...b533-5f23-97c9-4ab41bc999bf&pf_rd_i=402045011

2. DarkGabbz

DarkGabbz Resident XBOX Guy

Dec 29, 2015
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Modding Xbox'es
    Get a Xbox one controller + wireless adapter.

3. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    It's an alright gamepad, but for a few dollars more, you get the far superior Xbox One or Dual Shock 4 controllers, which have official drivers.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Dualshock 4 officially supports pc with Xinput? O_O
    I have a titan one, is a usb dongle that converts most hid controllers to work on consoles, PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/ Xbox one
    It works with bluetooth but need a adaptor for it, just plug and play, but is just me. It pretty sick for about $50, it even works with wii classic controller or wii u pro controller.

[​IMG]

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I should also mention that many FPS/TPS type games have a measure of auto aim/aim assist on the console versions and have no such thing on the PC. It can make a fairly radical difference and not everybody knows it is missing, or might detect it as iffy sensitivity.

It is not so bad on older games or portal or something a bit less twitchy but for something where you are killed in two shots a lot of the time it makes all the difference.

6. G36cBossMan
    OP

G36cBossMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2010
    United States
    I can use an Xbox one controller without any adapters?

I didn't think about no aim assist on pc maybe that's what it is thank you

Last edited by G36cBossMan, Sep 24, 2016
  7. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    I use my Xbox One controller with a MicroUSB cable, no special adapters.

8. cots

cots GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    The Logitech gamepad is really good. I own one. It takes 2 AA batteries and lasts for months before needing to be replaced. It's basically like a DualShock 3.

9. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    not sure if that will fix that game but i have that controller (the other version being the wired version)
    in my case it was the solution to games that only support Xinput (game controllers usualy use directinput which most games don't support nowadays)
    this means you will be able to play games without xpadder or x360ce emulators...