• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

"Foreign Terrorist Organizations and their Supporters Likely Heighten Threat Environment during 2024 Pride Month"

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.ic3.gov/Media/Y2024/PSA240510
The FBI and DHS issued a PSA relating to LGBTQ+ events, and possible attacks

"FTO efforts to commit or inspire violence against holiday celebrations, including Pride celebrations or LGBTQIA+-related venues, are compounded by the current heightened threat environment in the United States and other western countries. FTOs and their supporters have previously promoted anti-LGBTQIA+ rhetoric and targeted LGBTQIA+ related events or venues for attacks."

• "In February 2023, English language ISIS messaging featured an article focused on anti-LGBTQIA+ rhetoric and rallied against the growth and promotion of the LGBTQIA+ community. The same issue called for followers to conduct attacks on unidentified soft targets, although the attacks and targets were not specific to LGBTQIA+ venues."

• "12 June 2024 marks the eighth anniversary of the Pulse Nightclub Orlando shooting, during which the attacker killed 49 and wounded 53 people. After the Pulse shooting, pro-ISIS messaging praised this attack as one of the high-profile attacks in Western countries, and FTO supporters celebrated it."

• "In June 2023, three alleged ISIS sympathizers were arrested for attempting to attack a Pride parade in Vienna, Austria, using knives and a vehicle as part of the attack, per open-source reporting."
Honestly this is scary, Chicago (my city) has one of the largest pride parade, and if anything were to happen it could be in Chicago, my sister could be at the event, I could be there, I hope nothing happens, WHAT DID WE DO?!
Like honestly we really don't deserve this, even if nothing happens, we don't deserve this.

Last edited by Bunjolio,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
NGL, I think the best thing to do is make sure events have proper security, including the police and even anyone else willing to take up security.
The truth is unless people want to give up Pride events and stuff, the best measure is ensuring people are being properly protected. If something does happen, then there's a higher chance of those problems being shutdown before escalating if there is proper protective measures in place.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NGL, I think the best thing to do is make sure events have proper security, including the police and even anyone else willing to take up security.
The truth is unless people want to give up Pride events and stuff, the best measure is ensuring people are being properly protected. If something does happen, then there's a higher chance of those problems being shutdown before escalating if there is proper protective measures in place.
Agreed

EthanB

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.ic3.gov/Media/Y2024/PSA240510
The FBI and DHS issued a PSA relating to LGBTQ+ events, and possible attacks

"FTO efforts to commit or inspire violence against holiday celebrations, including Pride celebrations or LGBTQIA+-related venues, are compounded by the current heightened threat environment in the United States and other western countries. FTOs and their supporters have previously promoted anti-LGBTQIA+ rhetoric and targeted LGBTQIA+ related events or venues for attacks."

• "In February 2023, English language ISIS messaging featured an article focused on anti-LGBTQIA+ rhetoric and rallied against the growth and promotion of the LGBTQIA+ community. The same issue called for followers to conduct attacks on unidentified soft targets, although the attacks and targets were not specific to LGBTQIA+ venues."

• "12 June 2024 marks the eighth anniversary of the Pulse Nightclub Orlando shooting, during which the attacker killed 49 and wounded 53 people. After the Pulse shooting, pro-ISIS messaging praised this attack as one of the high-profile attacks in Western countries, and FTO supporters celebrated it."

• "In June 2023, three alleged ISIS sympathizers were arrested for attempting to attack a Pride parade in Vienna, Austria, using knives and a vehicle as part of the attack, per open-source reporting."
Honestly this is scary, Chicago (my city) has one of the largest pride parade, and if anything were to happen it could be in Chicago, my sister could be at the event, I could be there, I hope nothing happens, WHAT DID WE DO?!
Like honestly we really don't deserve this, even if nothing happens, we don't deserve this.
We had the audacity to breathe, that's the problem.

Reactions: Bunjolio

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunate, but I think they are losing people overall.

Like even Nintendo uncensored Vivian. I doubt this amount of blatant hate will sustain itself in the long run.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll probably just be Israel/Palestine and Just Stop Oil protesters blocking pride parades.

I also have a seething hatred for all parades, because as a teen, I was part of the clean up crew. I used to root against my city's local sports teams.

Reactions: zfreeman

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I also have a seething hatred for all parades, because as a teen, I was part of the clean up crew. I used to root against my city's local sports teams.
Literally the only valid reason to hate parades. Bravo, sir. It would be good practice if parade folk cleaned up after themselves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :tpi: :rofl2: