Hacking Emunand and Sysnand

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Japanese N3DS currently has Luma 6.6 with the latest firmware, 11.2.0-35. Everything seems to work great, and I have already installed some cias, etc. While reading about the differences between emunand and sysnand, I have seen that you can somehow switch between the two on cfw. What is the benefit of this, how do I know if I am in sysnand or emunand, and how can I switch? I have heard that you can switch to avoid things being erased when entering the eShop, but that's about all I know.

About the eShop, there are a couple of things I would like to download from there, and I was wondering if it is safe to access with a nnid, or if there is anything I need to do before I go to the eShop and download (like, switching, or unlinking a nnid for example). If so, how do I unlink my nnid?

Also, if and when a new firmware comes out, will I be able to safely upgrade? Or is it too soon to tell?

Thanks!

Last edited by neko_koneko,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
My Japanese N3DS currently has Luma 6.6 with the latest firmware, 11.2.0-35. Everything seems to work great, and I have already installed some cias, etc. While reading about the differences between emunand and sysnand, I have seen that you can somehow switch between the two on cfw. What is the benefit of this, how do I know if I am in sysnand or emunand, and how can I switch? I have heard that you can switch to avoid things being erased when entering the eShop, but that's about all I know.

About the eShop, there are a couple of things I would like to download from there, and I was wondering if it is safe to access with a nnid, or if there is anything I need to do before I go to the eShop and download (like, switching, or unlinking a nnid for example). If so, how do I unlink my nnid?

Also, if and when a new firmware comes out, will I be able to safely upgrade? Or is it too soon to tell?

Thanks!

In the system setting if it says "Sys" you're in sysNAND, if it says "Emu" you're in emuNAND.

In the Luma config screen you can boot into emuNAND pressing the certain button if ticked which I think is holding down L on boot.

If it's already linked to another system, formatting the system iirc unlinks it. If it's fresh, setting up your previous NNID in the system settings is fine.

When a new system update comes wait for people to post and confirm it's safe, make a nand backup prior is always safest.

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the system setting if it says "Sys" you're in sysNAND, if it says "Emu" you're in emuNAND.

Ok. You mean the 3DS regular system settings right? Or in Luma?

Is it fine to just create a new nnid, and access the eShop? Should I be in Sysnand or Emunand when I want to download from the eShop? If it matters...I'm trying to avoid cias etc. being deleted.

Last edited by neko_koneko,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1