Do I need to keep source WAD files after install ?

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I am going to uninstall some of my Wii channel installed wads do I need to keep the original wad install files on my wiiu SD card ?

when I load wiimod lite it only seems to see the original source wad file and gives me the option to install or uninstall it, if I delete the original source wad file then how would I uninstall it as wiimod lite can’t seem to see the channel it installed ?

thanks

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
alors comment puis-je le désinstaller car wiimod lite ne semble pas voir la chaîne qu'il a installée?
Hello,

you can keep your Wads files on your PC, and if you ever need it, you'll know where you put it.:wink:

you can uninstall the channel(s) from "data management" <<===wii settings

wait for the opinion of other Wii experts :D

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If the channels appear in data management u can just remove them from there. It won't fully remove it like uninstalling the wad would, but it's close enough.

U can also fully uninstall channels using the Any Title Deleter app or equivalent. Not generally recommended as it's easy to brick yourself if u delete the wrong thing. Same goes for uninstalling (or even installing) wads without knowing what you're doing. This is why it's best to use some yawmm mod as your wad manager of choice, it is the only one with built in brick protection to prevent someone from doing something catastrophic (not only is wii mod lite missing this, it has a bug that can cause it to crash after installing wads, and if it happens in the middle of a region change or something similar it can result in brick, so I advise against using wii mod lite unless there is no other option)

Reactions: 43trh and jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER