Homebrew Question devmenu game options

Mikep90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the devmenu, when hit +- manage game What does Reset RequiredVersion do when you click on it. I look every where plus ask on discord but no help

Mikep90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to get a game to work and I thought it would make it work so I press it. It gave me a message about corrupting my saves. Is there any affects of me pressing it. Can I just delete the game and devmenu and start fresh again.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I was trying to get a game to work and I thought it would make it work so I press it. It gave me a message about corrupting my saves. Is there any affects of me pressing it. Can I just delete the game and devmenu and start fresh again.
I don't think you even need to delete the game, but you can do that if you want to.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, deleting the game will not change anything because games don't store any data; all of the save, update, and DLC data are stored on the console. It might be best to instead back up your saves using Checkpoint or EdiZon then try out that feature.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Actually if you download an update to a game, the game won't start without it (if you remove the sd card containing the update for instance).
The only official way to play that game again would be to redownload that update.
With devmenu you make the game go/reset to its initial version requirement (won't require you to download the update anymore to be able to play).
Some games might cause issues (you'd have to delete your save game as it is from a more recent version of the game), that's what the warning is about.

Mikep90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually if you download an update to a game, the game won't start without it (if you remove the sd card containing the update for instance).
The only official way to play that game again would be to redownload that update.
With devmenu you make the game go/reset to its initial version requirement (won't require you to download the update anymore to be able to play).
Some games might cause issues (you'd have to delete your save game as it is from a more recent version of the game), that's what the warning is about.
What if I wanted to go to the original state with the game where it was like before even using that option where it ask for the update and all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1