current cfw question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sharaku17, Nov 16, 2016.

1. sharaku17
    OP

sharaku17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys, quick question.
    I have a old 3DS XL with RxTools installed on it. sysnand is 9.2.0 and emunand is on RX 11.0.0.0 -3 or smth like that.
    I didnt touch my 3DS for almost 1 year. so im not up to date with the newest current CFW and stuff like that.
    My question is just if its possible to play pokemon sun and moon with my current setup or do i need to install something new or do i need to update anything?

(and yeah i dont plan to play online, dont worry haha XD)

2. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    yes it works, but I HIGHLY recommend updating to Luma3DS and install the newest hax arm9loaderhax. gives you full control early into boot and you can update sysnand to the latest firmware.

sharaku17 likes this.
  3. sharaku17
    OP

sharaku17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for the quick reply :D
    alright, i just searched and found a guide on here to update from RxTools to Luma3DS, the update works trough MenuHax tho. So what is that hax arm9loaderhax ? do i need to install that before Luma or after?
    sorry for the noobish question but damn im really not into all the new stuff that came out over the year xD

4. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    arm9loaderhax is the newest form of hax. It is true coldboot, it launches the second you turn on your 3ds. It also provides decent brick protection because it launches before most of the system does. You should setup Luma3DS after arm9loaderhax is installed. The same decryption features in rxTools can be found in a program called Decrypt9 which can be launch with arm9loaderhax. It does require downgrading to 2.1, but it is definitely worth it. You can also clear up some sd card space because with arm9loaderhax, you can update your sysnand so emunand is pointless (not completely pointless, but not needed. you can still run emunand from arm9loaderhax if you want).

sharaku17 likes this.
  5. sharaku17
    OP

sharaku17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    alright that sounds pretty good. i guess i will search for some tutorials and do this tomorrow. Again thank you a lot for your quick help

6. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    check my signature, it has the guide you should follow. A9LH Guide