Corrupted data after game being aborted while using Arcropolis with Smash Ultimate

30skipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posted something similar on Reddit, but I need more help so I'm hoping someone can explain...

So I was moving some mods over and deleted some files that were preventing Sora from showing up on my Smash CSS. Specifically, the file deleted were msbp(?) files that changed character names on the CSS. I deleted those MSBP files, but not the Message folders contained in the ui path of the mods they were inside of. So when I booted up the game after deleting those specific files it instantly aborted it, got corrupted data and I can’t open it anymore. Was afraid to run a check for corrupted data since I don’t know if I can do that on Atmosphere, so I put the SD card back on my laptop to check those folders and now there are some random files (6 with titles like ÿÿÿÿÿÿ, 9fl, and afl) where the msbp name files used to be in (And some of these files hold more than 3gb of memory of ??????). Now these files for some reason can't be deleted, renamed or moved. At all. Even used Powershell and even that can't do anything about it. Since I couldn't do anything about those files, I deleted and reinstalled the game after renaming the folder they were in, booted the game back up and still getting the game aborted and corrupted data warning with no way to open the game.

Any help whatsoever would be appreciated, don’t want to resort immediately to formatting my SD Card, losing all my save data and going through downloading and installing everything again.

30skipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An update on this: I ran a check on the sd card and that allowed me to erase the files, but now when I boot up atmosphere I get the same error I had for Smash, but for Tinfoil. I deleted it and redownloaded it from the hbmenu, but it keeps saying corrupted data. Don’t know if Smash is still acting up, but I need to fix what’s going on with Tinfoil first now.

Please, any advice would be welcome.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An update on this: I ran a check on the sd card and that allowed me to erase the files, but now when I boot up atmosphere I get the same error I had for Smash, but for Tinfoil. I deleted it and redownloaded it from the hbmenu, but it keeps saying corrupted data. Don’t know if Smash is still acting up, but I need to fix what’s going on with Tinfoil first now.

Please, any advice would be welcome.
I think your save data became corrupted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night