Gaming Corpse party: book of shadows - Scariest game ever?

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
After playing and finishing the first corpse party game i thought i would be mentally prepared for this game but BOY was i wrong, the fact its first person now and they have made the sound even more disturbing is making me play this game with my psp constantly tilted back just incase something happens.

I highly recommend this game to people who like good stories and enjoy a good creepy game but seriously only play it if you have a strong heart and if you're wearing headphones then you are going to have a bad time. TRUST ME.

Is this the scariest game ever made? Iv played most of the well known scary games such as the silent hills and they dont come close to matching this game for creepyness.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The first person is kinda nice, but that square steps per area moved thing feels kinda slow.
It has quality sound visuals and storytelling.
Like the part where she kept pulling long strands of hair from her throat.

However, I'm often tired at night and playing it at morning doesn't give me the same effect when playing at night with only the psp screen as light and using earphones.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I loved the first Corpse Party game, but I find the second to be... disappointing.

I understand that this is a visual novel, but... c'mon, this is too talky even for visual novel standards. The "Intro's" to some of the chapters take well over half an hour - by that time, I lose most of my excitement. This is a game, when do I get to play it?

The most horrible thing is that I can't bring myself to press the "R" button which was added to the game to allow players to skip the tons and tons of dialogue - I want to know the story, but most of it is padding... Which is a shame.

Currently I'm half-way (I think...) through the Shangri-La episode, so I don't have the complete experience yet, but I can't help but feel this is a lot like a DLC or some kind of a Bonus to the first game rather than a stand-alone title - it gives you insight into the events of the first game as well as alternate stories, but it feels very fragmented... fair play, each chapter was prepared different artists, but the whole "piece" should still have structure.

Another problem here is the fan service - all the upskirt shots, all the obvious sexual tension - it's not entirely necessary. At points it stops feeling like a horror game and starts feeling like a hentai... A little bit of it is alright, but this serves huge doses of the pervy stuff - I'm no prude, but it spoils the atmosphere sometimes.

Finally, there are the "Real World" portions... too lenghty. From a game that's called Corpse Party, I expect lots and lots of horror, not the "teenage perspective on Junior High". They're acceptable when short, not when they take up 90% of the episode. Now, the Naho episode in the Real World made sense - she was being constantly haunted by ghosts inside and outside of Heavenly Host, that episode was great... but not all of'em are like that. Delivering a teacher's notebook to a teacher on sick leave, serving her some food and medicine and getting into some questionable interaction with her while she's delirious doesn't scream "horror" much - thankfuly there was her nightmare to keep me entertained.

All in all, there's really too little "game" in this so-far... I expected so, so much more... but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

Is this the scariest game ever made? Iv played most of the well known scary games such as the silent hills and they dont come close to matching this game for creepyness.
Is it creepy? Yeah, sure. Can it cause a sense of uneasyness? Sure, even if it does so less than the first game? Is it the scariest ever? I don't think so - I see a difference between scary and creepy. Do try some of the Fatal Frame games, preferably the Wii remakes - they're fantastic , the best cure if you're constipated and really need to crap your pants in fear.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, I loved the first one, and I just started this, but I have to admit it's a little slow and *maybe* there is too much text to read before any action even begins.

I understand it's a sort of visual novel and if you don't like it just don't play it, but it's just too much sometimes.
And I played plenty of so called visual novels and enjoyed them all very very much ( 999 comes to mind, also Hotel Dusk series, Phoenix Wright , Another Code R etc. )

However, I'm often tired at night and playing it at morning doesn't give me the same effect when playing at night with only the psp screen as light and using earphones.

I quote you for the truth......I also played the first game late at night before going to sleep and it was amazing, but now I'm often too tired to keep going for too long before I fall asleep, and you don't wanna play this in the day time !
I suspect the lengthy of the text reading only sections is what makes me fall asleep ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later