Hacking Captain Rainbow's translated script

oji

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sad but true, Team Kirameki has abandoned their project of the Captain Rainbow translation. But there're a good news too, now (ok, not now but from the end of the January '16) we have access to their script translation. Maybe in a one day someone will try to put it into the game itself.

Hello, friends.
Last time I wrote something it was summer, and I was just about to quit my job (for unrelated matters) and take some months off to devote my time to some personal projects.
Captain Rainbow was one of these, and so I was hoping to revamp the works, welcome some new helpers and get the entire community involved with public translation files like I've seen in other projects. That would have been awesome.

But, just when I was finally free from the prevoius job, something I didn't expect happened, and because of that I was forced into dedicating immediately all my attention to another personal project of mine. Yeah maybe I have too many, but this specific one can become an important step for my future career, so I can't let the opportunity slip away.

That obviously means that the patch still has no progress, and, actually, any project of the Kirameki group has been inactive for quite a long time.
I kept waiting for a miracle to happen, "now we can't, but soon we'll return working on it!" is what I kept thinking, but seems I've been overly optimistic. Truth is, we surely have less time than before, and also our priorities probably changed.

That's why I believe the only future these projects can have, is one where anybody can help freely along with us, or even without us.
We are fond of what we did, but we aren't able to keep handling a project in its entirety, nor we'll be anytime soon, so we'll release everything we have up to now, including the tools and the current 'broken' patch, and what happens from there on will be in everyone's hands.
Maybe we'll also tag along and supervise the works and give a hand, or maybe not if we can't.
The hacker, EsperKnight, despite still being busy said to be interested in continuing the works, but he'd gladly accept help from others.
There are plenty of people better than me at handling translation projects like the one for Captain Rainbow, and I hope to see them taking care of it.
Please don't be mad at us, we sincerely believed in the project and spent countless hours on it, you can take a first peek of what we did here [SPOILERS]: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-9JHoHYsgNE8BsjAiUQljhtNHeAh0XZP69n2cmK8jGY/edit?usp=sharing
We'll also do big changes to our old website, removing what isn't needed anymore and treating it more like a static archive of the past projects.
No new projects will be added. Kirameki will become officially inactive [until further notice].
Actually the only project Kirameki kept working on is the italian translation of the Mahoujin GuruGuru manga series, 150+ chapters released and still active, but that's another story, not related to videogames, and probably doesn't interest you.

We did translations for lots of things during the last decade, anime, videogames, manga. It's been fun. We started with Tales of Symphonia's anime, just for a forum we were into. Tales of Destiny 2's textual translation was an ordeal, long but fun, 9 months of playing and recording videos. Giftpia was a piece of cake in comparison, just 3 months. GuruGuru's manga got discontinued in our country and I was a fan, so it was important for me. We were just about to finish that when... they announced a brand new second series after 9 years. Oh fu...ntastic! Tales of Rebirth was also a fun project we took part into, with lots of people working on different languages, maybe we'll try finish our tasks for that at least. Seles in these years has also become a professional manga/anime translator and I help her sometimes, so we're always pretty busy on things like these.

It's not like we'll disappear now, but nonetheless I want to thank you again for all the support you gave us in this adventure of ours, even when times were grim. Thank you, thank you so much.
We still have to release what we said, so you'll hear from us again, don't worry. See you soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: