Buying games over VPN

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello,

I'm about to buy a game for my friend for his birthday. He's wanted for a really long time Red dead redemption 2 for a PC but couldn't afford it, so I've decided to get it for him. Since the game is really expensive, I was thinking about buying it over VPN from Russia. In a case if I decide to do so, I'm wondering about few things;

1) If i buy it and activate it on Russian IP over Rockstar launcher, will be he able to play it in our country?
2) If so, is he going to have only Russian language or he can still pick which language he wants?
3) is there high risk of a ban?

Thank you!

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Virtual-Wii-noob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're getting the game over official rockstar website/steam/epic games you don't need a vpn. i'd reccomedn getting it on steam and gifting it to him on his birthday

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
if you're getting the game over official rockstar website/steam/epic games you don't need a vpn. i'd reccomedn getting it on steam and gifting it to him on his birthday
He's doing it to get the game cheaper than in his country.

If you gift it to him with your account while on VPN, He should be able to play it.

But notice that you will have to wait 14 days between changing your Steam store region- Which means you should use russian steam for 14 days.

Also, not considered a good method as some of the keys are stealed or purchased using a stolen card, but If you're brave enough you can try some sites like G2A.

EDIT: oops, I thought you're buying from Steam- well It should be same. IIRC You can change the language in the launcher, at least that's what they did with GTA 5, so You would be able to change the language.

Last edited by KokoseiJ,

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I would like to buy it over Rockstar launcher since I don't have to wait anything and it's the cheapest option avalible if I'm not mistaking.

So, he should be fine playing the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol