Buying an Ambassador-class 3DS. Advice needed.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by RyuKisargi, Nov 23, 2012.

1. RyuKisargi
    OP

Member RyuKisargi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    First off, I have a stock-black 3DS with around $120-140 worth of content on it, mainly Paper Mario and NSMB2. I want to get an Ambassador 3DS because there seems like there isn't a snowball's chance of hell of the American market getting any GBA content on VC, so I'm going the costly way.

This is what I want to do.

1. Take my existing 3DS, transfer it's content to a 3DS XL.

2. Take the Ambassador-class 3DS and do the same.

3. Link shiny 3DS XL Ambassador to my Club Nintendurr account, and be happy man.

Is this possible? Yes, it's roundabout, yes, I can get a Supercard or whatever, but I just want to do this my way. >_>

2. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    I believe transferring overrides the firmware. Anything that's on the XL will be erased. So you can only have one or the other, either your existing stuff, or the Ambassador stuff.

3. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    Your not going to be able to system transfer more then one 3DS onto one SINGLE 3DS. You can only system transfer ONE.

4. RyuKisargi
    OP

Member RyuKisargi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, thanks for the quick answers. I will have an Ambassador 3DS XL early next year, then. I'll just give away my original 3DS or sell it or something. I'd rather have the GBA content.

I can de-link my original 3DS from eShop and it not go crazy, right? I wanted to give it to a buddy so we could play Animal Crossing together.

5. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    well it's the eshop account itself that's keeping all the games on there. you can delete your club nintendo information and credit card information without deleting games, though. apart from those things i mentioned, an eshop account knows nothing about it's owner so you can pass it on safely.

6. Pleng

Member Pleng GBAtemp Maniac

Thailand
    Nintendo are moving over to a unified account system (eventually), so you may, one day, be able to transfer your games from both systems onto your XL. But not for a while, at least.