Hacking Bricked Wii U (infinite boot loop)

TheRealOC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So I did something very dumb...

I had the internet settings on my Wii U changed to stop automatic updates, and had setup CBHC (moved the icon all the way to last screen on the Wii U home menu for safe keeping), made an SD card backup, and formatted a nice 64GB SD card and was getting ready to download some apps........

........ and then (d'oh!) I re-downloaded Haxchi from the Homebrew app stores, and I guess it must have installed Haxchi over CBHC, because now the Wii U is stuck in an infinite boot-up screen loop. I tried formatting the SD card and copying in the pre-brick backup files, but it hasn't made any difference.

Is there anything I can do at this point or am I screwed?

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I did something very dumb...

I had the internet settings on my Wii U changed to stop automatic updates, and had setup CBHC (moved the icon all the way to last screen on the Wii U home menu for safe keeping), made an SD card backup, and formatted a nice 64GB SD card and was getting ready to download some apps........

........ and then (d'oh!) I re-downloaded Haxchi from the Homebrew app stores, and I guess it must have installed Haxchi over CBHC, because now the Wii U is stuck in an infinite boot-up screen loop. I tried formatting the SD card and copying in the pre-brick backup files, but it hasn't made any difference.

Is there anything I can do at this point or am I screwed?
Hoooo man I don't want to be in your shoes now, as per my understanding the problem it's that you installed Haxchi over CBHC when CBHC it's the first thing that you have to unistall (especially if it's settled to autoboot) and then reinstall Haxchi and after the CBHC. For how much it's delicated process just to let you understand, if you have settled the CBHC in autoboot you cannot even just unistalll the CBHC first, but you have to follow one "pyramid process"; which means first you have to stop the autoboot from CBHC, once you are sure that it's stopped the Autoboot you can proceed to unistall the CBHC and then unistall Haxchi (that Haxchi alone it's the most harmless process). The problem it's the CBHC Autoboot process, that keeps you in Boot Loop.....As per my understanding this Autoboot process it's really "addicted" on the version or base coding of the Haxchi installation, so, any little changes even if you will upgrade Haxchi, it will influence on the Autoboot process of CBHC because cannot find anymore your Haxchi installation. These Haxchi upgrades, are solely if you have installed Haxchi alone, or first you have to make the "pyramid unistalling process" of CBHC as i told above.
The unique solution if cannot be alive again; it's to get the entire backup of the NAND that you made (I hope you did before bricking) , and re-inject all with proper tools. You need some Programmer Nand tools.

Last edited by CrisMod,
Reactions: BaamAlex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum