Hacking Backup Freeshop Games (or convert it to .3ds / .cia)

hansdampf_HD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,

is there an option to backup games, loaded with Freeshop, and convert them to .3ds directly to .cia files?

Would be awesome if you can tell me, how does it work ;)

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

is there an option to backup games, loaded with Freeshop, and convert them to .3ds directly to .cia files?

Would be awesome if you can tell me, how does it work ;)

You can make cia backups of installed titles using Decrypt9 option CIA Builder, it's found under Content Decryptor options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hansdampf_HD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the quick response. Decrypt9 is such a powerfull tool :)

Can you tell me the exact menu point? At the official manual https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP i found following points:

IA Builder Options: This subsection contains various features that allow you to build CIAs from files installed to / stored on your SD card.
  • Build CIA from NCCH/NCSD: This was previously called 'NCCH/NCSD to CIA Converter'. It allows you to convert any NCCH/NCSD file (that means .3DS files, too) to an installable (on a signature patched system) CIA file. The CIA file will be written to filename.ext.cia.
  • CIA Builder (SysNAND/orig.): This was previously called 'Content to CIA (SysNAND dir)'. This feature allows you to directly convert content installed to the SD card to a CIA file. It handles content from the /Nintendo 3DS/ subfolder belonging to SysNAND. This variant of the feature tries to build CIAs as genuine as possible, while still wiping identifying information from the file. If you need similar functionality for titles installed to NAND, use ctrnand-title-cia-gen by ihaveamac.
  • CIA Builder (EmuNAND/orig.): This was previously called 'Content to CIA (EmuNAND dir)__' and has the same functionality as the feature above, but handles the content of the /Nintendo 3DS/ subfolder belonging to the EmuNAND instead.
  • CIA Builder (SysNAND/decr.): This feature has the same functionality as the features above. In addition, it fully decrypts the CIA files it generates for better compatibility. Take note that the additional decryption and recalculation of checksums mean longer processing times. This handles content from the /Nintendo 3DS/ subfolder belonging to SysNAND.
  • CIA Builder (EmuNAND/decr.): This has the same functionality as the feature above, but handles the content of the /Nintendo 3DS/ subfolder belonging to the EmuNAND instead.
First point is to convert .3ds to .cia, ok. Whats the point for the Freeshop games? Nr. 2?

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The second point yes, assuming you use Sysnand, but if you want to install it on another system, I'd pick the 4th option, either one works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hansdampf_HD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmmmm, i'm noob with this whole 3ds homebrew thing, I don't know, but I think I use Sysnand (Luma3DS, al9h, FBI, HBC with 3ds.guide)

The idea is, to save games in .cia format and transfer them to an external device for saving the games if I want to play them in the future again where maybe no freeshop exists anymore

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmmm, i'm noob with this whole 3ds homebrew thing, I don't know, but I think I use Sysnand (Luma3DS, al9h, FBI, HBC with 3ds.guide)

The idea is, to save games in .cia format and transfer them to an external device for saving the games if I want to play them in the future again where maybe no freeshop exists anymore
The answer is, option 2 for that specific console you are using OR option 4 for when you get another console in the future.

I wouldn't worry about such a thing if I were you. Looking back, there are great games in old gen consoles like PS1 or GBA but I never bother to play them again because great games keep coming out each day, while my free time gradually become shorter as I grow older.

Even now I can still find Ps1 isos or GBA roms on some trusted sites when the games are almost 20 years old already.

Last edited by windhazard,

hansdampf_HD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@windhazard You are absolutly right, but I bought the 3ds to play more old games then new ones :P I have to share this console with my wife and so I may have hours a day to play, and do you know what I'm playing? Pokemon Leaf Green with the mGBA Emulator and sometimes Puzzle Quest DS. The only 3DS game now I've played is Majoras Mask, but since I started the first Pokemon Game I've ever played (except Pokemon Go) I can't get my hands off this game ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm debating on wearing clothes at my dentist appointment