Atmosphere running on 8.1.0

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by KsAmJ, Jun 19, 2019.

1. KsAmJ
    OP

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
  2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    You don't really port CFW ;)

3. KsAmJ
    OP

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    i sent request to mods to fix the title

4. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    It's been fixed.

Also, it was quite fast of them to get it running. Then again, they pwned TSEC so it was just trivial I guess?

thuggothic likes this.
  5. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Kinda yea.

6. romain337

romain337 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2016
    France
    Paris
    F*** me I bring my switch at work to code between 12-14 but I had not 90DNS setup for the wifi. I screwed up when I wanted to launch the HBL, the damn popup appeared and I thinked it was a game update, reading the word "system" to late.
    Good excuse to play some games until the update ;)

7. Sparky076

Sparky076 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Where do you get the latest Atmosphere?

8. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    on github.

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    By hacking into SciresM's computer.

Uqizz and Gigaboy like this.
  10. JoshN

JoshN Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2018
    United States
    Github has been updated

Sparky076 likes this.
  11. Reyo2k

Reyo2k Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    What about the sig patches? I can't install any Nsp via tintfoil or goldleaf..

12. thuggothic

thuggothic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2018
    United States
    Reyo2k likes this.
  13. Zero-day

Zero-day Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2019
    Ghana
    When I added the patches my switch Gets stuck on Nintendo screen after passing the payload

14. thuggothic

thuggothic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2018
    United States
    Make sure you delete the old atmosphere folder first, add the new one from the master file, and then add the sigpatches in that

15. Zero-day

Zero-day Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2019
    Ghana
    Ok will that make the games I installed by nsp previously start working ,or do I have to make a clean install

16. Badgerx

Badgerx Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2019
    Netherlands
    After more than 10 years of ghosting this website, I speak.

So, my Switch has 8.1 on it. Can I or can I not CFW it? I don't want to bother reading through neckbeard spam of reddit.

I only want CFW on it so alter a HWDE save to make it resemble the Wii U one, and maybe convert the BOTW while at it.

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Only if it is unpatched. Check your serial number here to see whether it is patched or not.

Lacius likes this.
  18. Badgerx

Badgerx Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2019
    Netherlands
    It's awesome how fast you responded.

XAJ700027, aw yeah. I'm in the clear it seems

Thought it might have been a problem since 8.1 hasn't been out that long. Guess Nintendo never really upped their game since the Wii

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Okay, don't judge but. Can you provide me with a link for the 8.1 tutorial? Assuming there's a SLIGHT change in needed software from the 8.0 and 8.0.1 softmod

And I'm guessing it's not going to be as easy as it was with the Wii and Wii U

(its late, not bothered taking days researching anymore, and i've gotten old to a point where I don't mod my consoles on day one anymore)

Draxzelex likes this.
  19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Depends on what CFW you wish to run. They all use the same exploit so the only difference will be what type of files will be on your SD card. Right now, there are 3 different CFW available for the Switch: Atmosphere, ReiNX, and SX OS. Atmosphere has the most features out of a free and open-source CFW but is not outright geared towards piracy. ReiNX isn't updated as fast but is much easier to setup especially for piracy. SX OS is the only CFW you have to pay for but has a few exclusive features such as .XCI loading and HDD support at the cost of not being able to customize so it lacks features free CFW support like overclocking.

Badgerx likes this.
  20. Badgerx

Badgerx Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2019
    Netherlands
    Tbh, I don't really care about what CFW. As long as it can run a save injector I'm good.
    Adjust a Hyrule Warriors save to resemble the one from the Wii U, cause no grinding those hundreds of hours again. And convert a Zelda Breath of The Wild save from Wii U to Switch because.. I want to.

The only reason I want any CFW is for the saves. When I'm done with those, I'd go back to having a.. vanilla switch.
    I'm done with the time of using Homebrew for gimmicks and pirated games. The 5 or so decent games the switch has are games I feel like wanting to buy anyway.
    And the less time I have CFW on it, the less chance I have of downloading hundreds of roms again, starting tens and finishing none. Again. Like with all the other consoles. And handhelds. And emulators.

Atmosphere it is. <3
    Never really understoond paying for softmods. Isn't the whole reason of modding to not have to pay anymore.

Anyway, thanks. Been a good mate with the help you've given!

Draxzelex likes this.