Hardware Animal Crossing

Comedor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there ANY way to block this update? There're some people playing it without Gecko OS, but how?

First, it always give us a black-screen error, and even without this huge problem the update would appear before you can play the game. How to avoid it?

ph34r.gif

Oh, the IOS Patcher seems to work only for 3.2 or below, so yeah, we're all left in the dark, since most are already on 3.3.

Nintendo, oh Ninty...

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gamer said:
Does IOS38 block other things or it's safe to install it (i mean HB, WAD's, or something)? In case something goes wrong it is safe to uninstall it?

Thanks
IOS38 is safe to install. Yeah, it's okay to uninstall it... the only thing that uses it is Animal Crossing and possibily WiiSpeak.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Nobody knows yet.

When 3.3v2 was released for the first 24hrs+ people where going on about how they had installed it and it was perfectly safe - then it came out they were just idiots who hadn't tested properly.

Waiting a day or two (or using geckoos for a while) won't kill you, so wait and see imo.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
My Wii is 3.1 So do I need to patch this for it to work?, Or can I burn like a regular game and use the Gamma loader?
Gamma loader uses IOS249 for games, so you don't need it.

You only need it if you want to play your Original Animal Crossing disc from the disc channel without updating, or if you have a modchip and want to play a backup AC without updating.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quim69 said:
Nobody knows yet.

When 3.3v2 was released for the first 24hrs+ people where going on about how they had installed it and it was perfectly safe - then it came out they were just idiots who hadn't tested properly.

Waiting a day or two (or using geckoos for a while) won't kill you, so wait and see imo.
I've installed this, and Animal Crossing works great from the disc channel. Also, Homebrew Channel works, WADs still install and uninstall fine, and everything I've tested thus far has worked. If something doesgo wrong, WADs still install and uninstall, so you could just uninstall it and be back to normal.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also installed the AC update and i uninstalled and installed a wad afterward. All worked fine. This update is safe.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakeruston said:
I downloaded the game already brick blocked so I can't get to the update to install it. Any ideas?
Find IOS38 (the Animal Crossing fix) on the internet somewhere and install it via WAD Manager. This will let you boot it through the disc channel. Otherwise, either boot it through the Backup Launcher if your Wii isn't chipped or Gecko OS if it is. That way you don't need the update.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
jakeruston said:
I downloaded the game already brick blocked so I can't get to the update to install it. Any ideas?
You have a few options:

1. Use the homebrew GeckoOS to launch the game every single time you want to play it.

2. Get and install the IOS 38 WAD. I found it as "IOS38-64-v3609.wad" it was uploaded somewhere by a forum poster "blackadder1st". We can't provide the link here with GBAtemp rules but it should be legal to redistribute. There's enough info in this post for you to hunt it down with a search engine.

3. Use the backup loader "gamma".

They are all minor inconveniences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma. +1