Hardware Adressing this heat issue with Watercooling

giovany86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello there :)

Today i'm now sure, i need to delid the CPU and RSX chips, my PS3 (CECHK04) is at 80°C on the XMB, so it's IDLING AT 80°C (CPU) and 76°C on the RSX.
I'm going to delid both chips and replace the old thermal paste between dies and IHS.

And also, i'd like to watercool it because of the poorly effective stock solution.
I'm looking for some informations (and help) about waterblocks that are "compatible" (within the required dimensions) with a PS3 Phat CECHK04.

I saw that alphacool did manufactured one back in time, but now, can't find one.

Thanks for your attention and have a good day :)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well to be perfectly frank, at the cost you'd be spending on compatible waterblocks (which are few and far between), tubing, pump and a radiator and fans, you'd have enough money to just buy another PS3...or two, if yours dies. So IMO it's probably not worth the effort and cost, and should really only be done if you just want to tinker/toy around with it, not to "fix" the heat issue.

Replacing the thermal paste under the IHS is probably going to help quite a bit if it's idling that high anyways, to the point where you won't need watercooling anyways to keep it cool.

giovany86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your response :)
Du you have a thermal paste in particular to recommend ? I used some Artic Silver 5 on the IHS and i have some Cooler Master Master GEL Maker also

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1