About Switchroot

AliceWalsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I Want to try to install Android 11 on my switch.
Do i really need to delte sd card again and turn it into fat32?
If not how can i do this?

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Both Android and Linux require the card to be in fat32 format.

No way around it besides backing up your SD card, formatting it, and then transfer the data back.

If you're using emummc, hekate makes backing up and restoring the emummc partition is fairly easy. Using Hekate is the easiest way to partition your sd card correctly as well.

AliceWalsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes. Both Android and Linux require the card to be in fat32 format.

No way around it besides backing up your SD card, formatting it, and then transfer the data back.

If you're using emummc, hekate makes backing up and restoring the emummc partition is fairly easy. Using Hekate is the easiest way to partition your sd card correctly as well.
thank you for the information. I think with 32gb there is no space left for my games.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're misunderstanding. You dont have to use the SD card ONLY for Android. But you must format your card in a certain way.

Once it's set up, you dont need to keep moving stuff back and forth. You can use emummc, android, linux, and ofw all together. You then use Hekate to choose what you want to boot into.
https://wiki.switchroot.org/en/Android/Setup-11
You will have to format your card during this process, and you will lose however much you partition for Android. So if you have a 256gb card, you can partition 32gb of that for Android, and you will still have ~224gb left for Switch games and such.

Unless you mean you only have a 32gb sd card. In that case, I would look at upgrading cards first before you install Android.

AliceWalsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think you're misunderstanding. You dont have to use the SD card ONLY for Android. But you must format your card in a certain way.

Once it's set up, you dont need to keep moving stuff back and forth. You can use emummc, android, linux, and ofw all together. You then use Hekate to choose what you want to boot into.
https://wiki.switchroot.org/en/Android/Setup-11
You will have to format your card during this process, and you will lose however much you partition for Android. So if you have a 256gb card, you can partition 32gb of that for Android, and you will still have ~224gb left for Switch games and such.

Unless you mean you only have a 32gb sd card. In that case, I would look at upgrading cards first before you install Android.
So you mean the switch read it as 256Gb withmy nsp games on it ? That is awesome. I Dont tink you can show me how to do this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system