Hacking 3DS Ban Question

MrDarkwraith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the FAQ-3DS section of the Nintendo Homebrew discord, it tells the user to turn off "Allow Friends to see what game you're playing" and "Send System Information through SpotPass". If one were to do this before their system even had a CFW installed, would it make them impervious to bans?

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
In the FAQ-3DS section of the Nintendo Homebrew discord, it tells the user to turn off "Allow Friends to see what game you're playing" and "Send System Information through SpotPass". If one were to do this before their system even had a CFW installed, would it make them impervious to bans?

You do not need to turn off "Allow friends to see what are you playing" i can just cheat fine in Mario Kart 7 and every other online titles and i can also use that other shop to get free games. Nintendo do not even looks like it give a sh*t about 3ds anymore in fact the last update 11.6 was released in september 2017(18th to be more accurate). Anyway keep "Send System information thorugh SpotPass" off that will get you banned with cfw if it is on

Last edited by Aquadraws,

MrDarkwraith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if you turn that stuff off, the information is still sent to Nintendo,
to help prevent being banned, do not cheat/hack in games online, or play games before their release
alright im gonna listen to you instead of the guy above me

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You do not need to turn off "Allow friends to see what are you playing" i can just cheat fine in Mario Kart 7 and every other online titles and i can also use that other shop to get free games. Nintendo do not even looks like it give a sh*t about 3ds anymore in fact the last update 11.6 was released in june 2017. Anyway keep "Send System information thorugh SpotPass" off that will get you banned with cfw if it is on
Nobody said you can't do that. You can cheat how much you want, you can have everything on and Nintendo might never ban. But ban wave will eventually come and you might be unlucky.

MrDarkwraith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Separate question but I don't think it's worth starting a whole thread over it but here it goes.

If I use FreeShop for let's say Smash Bros DLC, and I play online with it, will that flag me for a ban?

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Separate question but I don't think it's worth starting a whole thread over it but here it goes.

If I use FreeShop for let's say Smash Bros DLC, and I play online with it, will that flag me for a ban?
no one knows for sure,

installing cfw itself may flag your system, but getting the dlc etc is still safe as long as you follow the no cheating rule etc

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
Well i do not care if i get banned as i said N do not seem it gives a sh*t, if i get banned well i will say "i deserved that". Also they do not care if you are playing a game that do not even exist in your region, get games that you do not own on your NNID, or set your fav title as a homebrew. The only thing they can do is make nnid shows on online matches amd add a report function

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can install everything you want from that shop

MrDarkwraith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i do not care if i get banned as i said N do not seem it gives a sh*t, if i get banned well i will say "i deserved that". Also they do not care if you are playing a game that do not even exist in your region, get games that you do not own on your NNID, or set your fav title as a homebrew. The only thing they can do is make nnid shows on online matches amd add a report function

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can install everything you want from that shop
OK ykw i'm not gonna listen to a word you say because you aren't making much sense

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As far as I know there are limited ways to prevent nintendo from seeing your activity online, none of which are in any regards useful if you wish to use online at any moment.

One is to block certain domains from your internet modem, this however will not allow you to access any online service, the other one is to turn off the Wi-Fi, as you can see you are as good as banned if not worse if you opt for any of these, but hey, they "work".

There are however ways to minimize your chances, these have not been tested and probably won't do much in reality, but are worth a try imo. Use 3nds (I forgot the actual name) for any homebrew app (although some are still buggy) and refrain from playing any non-official VC game. Do not cheat heavily online, tbh I have cheated online (nothing big, just some trolling) and I've yet to be banned, however, NEVER play online with an unreleased title, those will make nintendo NNID ban you, which is much worse and as far as I know, only a few select people know how to lift.

Here's also a funny little trivia... (I guess) if you use any of the public seeds available, if you go online on Smash, prepare to enter "For Glory Hell" it seems that "place" is linked to the seed, as I've always been there since I changed my seed.

MrDarkwraith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know there are limited ways to prevent nintendo from seeing your activity online, none of which are in any regards useful if you wish to use online at any moment.

One is to block certain domains from your internet modem, this however will not allow you to access any online service, the other one is to turn off the Wi-Fi, as you can see you are as good as banned if not worse if you opt for any of these, but hey, they "work".

There are however ways to minimize your chances, these have not been tested and probably won't do much in reality, but are worth a try imo. Use 3nds (I forgot the actual name) for any homebrew app (although some are still buggy) and refrain from playing any non-official VC game. Do not cheat heavily online, tbh I have cheated online (nothing big, just some trolling) and I've yet to be banned, however, NEVER play online with an unreleased title, those will make nintendo NNID ban you, which is much worse and as far as I know, only a few select people know how to lift.

Here's also a funny little trivia... (I guess) if you use any of the public seeds available, if you go online on Smash, prepare to enter "For Glory Hell" it seems that "place" is linked to the seed, as I've always been there since I changed my seed.
Alright thanks. I already played non-official VC cias so if I wasn't supposed to do that well crap but I will take everything else to heart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-