Hardware 2DSXL Touch Screen not working properly, unresponsive (CFW'd)

Kuramations

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, my homebrewed 2DSXL's touch screen has been acting up. Sometimes when I touch a certain area, it's unresponsive. I have to recalibrate frequently, and even then, the screen will still not respond from to time to time.

Anything I can do? Thank you in advance.

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
This might seem silly, but since I had the exact same thing happen with a couple of my units over the years, I thought I would share.

I would consider making sure that there is NOTHING on the screen itself (dust, crumbs, etc.). You would be surprised at what can make its way under the edges of the screen and not be visible. I am not sure if this is safe, but I fixed mine by using a small can of compressed air to clear the edges of the screen. Turns out there was crap wedged under one edge of the screen.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Kuramations

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might seem silly, but since I had the exact same thing happen with a couple of my units over the years, I thought I would share.

I would consider making sure that there is NOTHING on the screen itself (dust, crumbs, etc.). You would be surprised at what can make its way under the edges of the screen and not be visible. I am not sure if this is safe, but I fixed mine by using a small can of compressed air to clear the edges of the screen. Turns out there was crap wedged under one edge of the screen.
Thanks for the advice! Seems to be working. I'm using a toothbrush.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Kuramations

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad news. The problem seems to have come back.

What happens is that I touch one part of the screen and it registers the touch to one other part next to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn