deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting, Wii and PS3 sales in North America and in Japan are pretty much the same (less than twice), but Xbox360 sold 16 times as much in NA compared to Japan. (According to VG Chartz)
Americans love XBox360 or Japanese hate XBox360? (I don't like playing FPS with pad, gimme mouse support) Wii came out about exactly one year after 360. And in 8 months, sold 11% less than what 360 has sold for 20 months (worldwide)
Funny how 360 and PS3 sold fewer units last week than PS2.

And DUH you wouldn't find any good games for PS3 unless you look for them. My view on PS3 was exactly the same as you -lack of games- until like a month ago I looked at like a dozen games' trailers/gameplay movies and found half of them worth buying PS3 to play for.

PS3 isn't doing bad. In North America, 360 sold 2 million 8 months after launch, PS3 sold 1.5 million 8 months after launch.

P.S. That 2800% increase doesn't mean number of units sold, but it went from rank 29 to 1, so (29-1)/1.
P.S.2. I think iTech is a clever Sony fanboy trying to look anti-Sony look bad, he sure did succeed. "Nobody wants one" comment is about as effective as saying "Nobody doesn't favor President Bush"

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
As a PS3 owner... 's friend (bwahah), I honestly think the only reason to buy it is for the blu-ray player.

We sampled Ice Age 2, DVD and BD versions, and there was a very, very, subtle yet noticeable difference. Eragon looked nice, although it still remains a shitty movie on its own merits. Yes, you can now see the fluff in scrat's tail. Yes, you can count the number of hair in a mustache. We all NEEDED such precision in the details!

My friend sees the difference between BD and DVD - he owns a nice, big HDTV and a video projector - complete with home cinema apparel, room, and all. So since he dabbles in that kinda thing, I can understand why you'd want picture-perfect clarity, no artefacts and so on. I personally am happy with divx, but my SDTV is like 30cm wide. He agrees with me - DVD is good enough for the vast majority of people. I don't know why the sony execs think EVERYONE wants to own a home cinema setup. Their loss.

I anxiously await Lair, MGS4 and... Uh... A MODCHIP.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As a PS3 owner... 's friend (bwahah), I honestly think the only reason to buy it is for the blu-ray player.

We sampled Ice Age 2, DVD and BD versions, and there was a very, very, subtle yet noticeable difference. Eragon looked nice, although it still remains a shitty movie on its own merits. Yes, you can now see the fluff in scrat's tail. Yes, you can count the number of hair in a mustache. We all NEEDED such precision in the details!

My friend sees the difference between BD and DVD - he owns a nice, big HDTV and a video projector - complete with home cinema apparel, room, and all. So since he dabbles in that kinda thing, I can understand why you'd want picture-perfect clarity, no artefacts and so on. I personally am happy with divx, but my SDTV is like 30cm wide. He agrees with me - DVD is good enough for the vast majority of people. I don't know why the sony execs think EVERYONE wants to own a home cinema setup. Their loss.

I anxiously await Lair, MGS4 and... Uh... A MODCHIP.

It's not that they think everyone will want a home theater system, it's that it'll be the next step in the digital age. Many countries including the United States (2009?) are going to eliminate analog TV and go full digital (Finland is all digital now). With that change it'll mean a change in quality. Think about it in terms of something like color TV versus B/W. Could you see yourself watching all your shows in black in white or even simpler watching VHS over DVDs? Both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are trying to capitalize on this because the change will become a mandatory one.

I'll get a PS3, but the promising games will have to come out first. By the time I do get one, there will probably be another price drop or some slim revision.

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
P.S.2. I think iTech is a clever Sony fanboy trying to look anti-Sony look bad, he sure did succeed. "Nobody wants one" comment is about as effective as saying "Nobody doesn't favor President Bush"

Black propaganda? Nah, I don't go that way.
And by the way, everyone doesn't favor Bush!

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be completely honest, any price drop will make sales of anything go up and when the sales of something are so staggeringly low, a 2800% increase doesn't even compare to the amount of Wii's that are selling. It doesn't bother me. The PS3 is the underdog this gen, and there won't be any more after it. Microsoft will win because the 360 has been out for ages, but the Wii will be the spiritual winner, because if it had came out the same time as the 360, it would have whooped it's narrow behind.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nah man, 2800% comes from it's previous rank 29 minus its current rank 1 divided the whole thing by its current rank 1.
So if you go from rank 1001 to 1, that's 100000% increase, doesn't mean they sold 28 times more units. But on a daily basis, yes they might have sold 28 times July 9th, probably ran out of stock. So on a weekly/monthly basis there isn't much increase. They surely got rid of dust collecting (The dusts must have made shipping expensive due to dust weight) old units.

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when a certain site got ruined by Sony. And many people swore never to buy a Sony product ever. But now you are considering the PS3?! And may I add its not even good (yet, at least).

I think you are forgetting people, Sony is evil
evil.gif

I'm never going to buy another Sony product. I might steal one though >_>

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I remember when a certain site got ruined by Sony. And many people swore never to buy a Sony product ever. But now you are considering the PS3?! And may I add its not even good (yet, at least).

I think you are forgetting people, Sony is evil
evil.gif

I'm never going to buy another Sony product. I might steal one though >_>

Yeah, I remember swearing a sacred oath with my companions on that fateful, starless and moonless night.Aye, 'tis a pity that the funeral of lik-sang has been forgotten so fast...

Oh wait, my life doesn't revolve around sony.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
PS : And the only console out of the three we keep playing is the Wii.

Yup, PS3 and XBox360 people fight over each other because they don't stand any chance against Wii

LOL!
rofl2.gif
F' off man. Xbox 360 tramples all over the Wii, not to mention the PS3. I've played quite some Wii but damn, it doesn't even stand a chance against the 360's current library. Wii does NOT have a lot of great games. That's a fact. Unless you keep playing Wii Sports, no comment then.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe Amazon are making up the sales figures just to shit more of their stock. No good games are out for the ps3 so I can't see that a $100 price drop is going to sell a lot more of them.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
PS : And the only console out of the three we keep playing is the Wii.

Yup, PS3 and XBox360 people fight over each other because they don't stand any chance against Wii

LOL!
rofl2.gif
F' off man. Xbox 360 tramples all over the Wii, not to mention the PS3. I've played quite some Wii but damn, it doesn't even stand a chance against the 360's current library. Wii does NOT have a lot of great games. That's a fact. Unless you keep playing Wii Sports, no comment then.

Tastes differ. There isn't one 360 game I haven't returned once I'd finished it. And I am a maniac - I literally *bought* the Halo 3 demo. (you know, the one bundled with the craptastic GTA ripoff) The 360 is good - but it doesn't match bouncing babe boobies during Wii Boxing.
Although, the Wii's position is also a frustrating one. Let's hope it does like the DS and start picking up some steam once Mario Kart is comin'. (Or maybe if the fucks over at nintendo stopped shitting on europe, we *might* see paper mario before 2009)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone +1