Recent content by nostos156

  1. N

    ROM Hack BotW Save Converter (Switch <-> Wii U)

    It is wild to me that it has been years since people mentioned the tool not converting Hero's Path properly, and zero solutions at all. Came here because the same thing happened to me, with 0 idea on how to fix it. 1746324355 This is the solution: I copied bytes 0x0 to 0x7 from the original...
  2. N

    Gaming Purchasing WiiU because of 1 game

    I haven't heard about it fixing the wrong screen alignment on 480p. Or the chroma shifting.
  3. N

    Gaming Purchasing WiiU because of 1 game

    I'm considering selling my Wii U because I've no use for it. I figured years ago I could keep it around for Wii stuff but then I discovered it actually harms the image output vs a native Wii so you're better off with a regular Wii after all as well... Then just use a RetroTink or something if...
  4. N

    Super Mario RPG (TID: 0100BC0018138000)

    I had the always perfect attack codes on as well, as that was the only way to get the jumps to work properly. For whatever reason, it did seem to cause the enemy animations to weird out - they'd instantly die and just delete themselves even after normal attacks by flashing out of existence. I...
  5. N

    Super Mario RPG (TID: 0100BC0018138000)

    Do these somehow stop you from getting the endgame weapons from the post bosses? I did the 100 jumps cheat as that one was bugging me fierce. Saved, then played as normal. Now when beating post game bosses, the items I am receiving aren't showing up in my inventory at all. Nobody is talking...
  6. N

    Hacking Homebrew Can mismatched screen calibration be corrected?

    For older DS models or Japanese 3DSs, that is usually the cause. You can tell because the yellowing tends to start in the corners (greater surface area) and creeps inwards with a vignette effect. The yellowing I was referencing is just shitty factory non-calibration of the white balance.
  7. N

    Hardware What is dual ips

    Those aren't IPS.
  8. N

    Hacking Homebrew Can mismatched screen calibration be corrected?

    Oh, I know I'm extremely picky. Wouldn't have to be if Nintendo would do some very basic QC though. However, people definitely do/are noticing this issue as it seems over time the Japanese 3DS's are experiencing significant yellowing due to organic materials in the screens breaking down...
  9. N

    Hacking Homebrew Can mismatched screen calibration be corrected?

    Usually, if there is a perfectly functional emulation replacement, I wouldn't (as I have long accepted Nintendo handheld hardware QC sucks ass), but Citra sucks and Mikage is probably a few years off of being playable on mostly everything. So for now I'm stuck with the 3DS, and I'm pretty anal...
  10. N

    Hacking Homebrew Can mismatched screen calibration be corrected?

    No, this is a panel from factory issue, no way around it bar recalibrating the screens via some kind of LUT. Nintendo just didn't care enough to have a basic white point calibration done on the screens, so it's totally random.
  11. N

    Hacking Homebrew Can mismatched screen calibration be corrected?

    Hi, I'm sure the more astute (and picky) eyes have long noticed the problem of 3DS screens not being calibrated at all, so their white balance is completely off between the screens. Most common seems to be a yellow top screen and pink bottom screen. In my opinion, this is a worse thing than the...