Recent content by ExtraWildGames

  1. ExtraWildGames

    Gaming What makes good game design?

    I'm not really a fan of progression systems much, especially where it's all just "stats-based" progression where you just arbitrarily make your character OP as hell by boosting them up to max. Also not a fan of "unlocking moves" for characters. I am more of a fan of picking up...
  2. ExtraWildGames

    Gaming What makes good game design?

    We really could use more level design from more contemporary and magazine art. https://www.artstation.com/annibalesiconolfi
  3. ExtraWildGames

    I'm making a video game.

    One more week til Launch
  4. ExtraWildGames

    Gaming What makes good game design?

    The concepts of some aesthetics have pushed game design in ways we really need more of. I especially see it a lot with mech games, which truly push some of the genres they are into push for some real cool stuff.
  5. ExtraWildGames

    Gaming What makes good game design?

    Y know I wish more games in other genres did stuff with newer concepts like "Megastructures" and went into a bit more abstract level design as seen in liminal space games.
  6. ExtraWildGames

    Gaming What makes good game design?

    What are some design concepts or ways games are designed do you all prefer? I am a firm lover and believer of the bottom-up approach where you design the game with the set mechanics and you design the game's interactions through actual practice instead of theory on those interactions.
  7. ExtraWildGames

    Gaming What makes good game design?

    That is pretty challenging, considering both perspectives aren't really ever considered togther in most games all that much.
  8. ExtraWildGames

    Gaming What makes good game design?

    Let's discuss what makes good game design in this thread. We're not talking sensory or emotional feel elements, that is the icing on top of a well-designed game. What do you think is good game design? What do the mechanics do that make a game compelling and or interesting to people here?
  9. ExtraWildGames

    I'm making a video game.

    Hey just wanna say to whoever wishlisted my game that I really do appreciate it. I don't get a lot of support as a beginner dev and my game is a bit out there in terms of difficulty, but I really am thankful for your support.
  10. ExtraWildGames

    I'm making a video game.

    New demo available with LOTS of Bug fixes https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/4448650/view/715662120170029217
  11. ExtraWildGames

    What are you investing in?

    Any coins worth getting that give good returns?
  12. ExtraWildGames

    Retro gaming is back and stronger than ever

    Quick update: fixing a LOT of bugs over the weekend, as well as rebalancing the final boss because... I'll be real he's way too god damn cheap, and NOT in a good way (last 2 words here are very important).ETA release date for Proto Zero is projected to be late Sept-Oct