Recent content by BlazeHeatnix

  1. BlazeHeatnix

    Hacking UInjectForge (UIF) : Wii U injector for Windows, Linux, macOS, and mobile, with a free demo

    The appeal of the open-source initiative when it began was to allow independent software developers to utilize publically available, free to sell code, without having to write everything from scratch. This in turn allowed for more diversity in the software market with more creators that can make...
  2. BlazeHeatnix

    Hacking UInjectForge (UIF) : Wii U injector for Windows, Linux, macOS, and mobile, with a free demo

    To play devil's advocate: When releasing any open-sourced code, you are inherently allowing and encouraging that software to not only be copied, but to be copied and sold. It's literally in the definition. When Carmack made Quake open-source, anyone could make software with that source and sell...
  3. BlazeHeatnix

    DS VC inject: "fold_on_pause" set to true, but still not folding

    I'm playing Trace Memory right now and I have made sure "fold_on_pause" is set to "true" in the configuration_cafe.json file, but it's not doing that. I've tried several different base roms with no change in behavior. I've done this for other Cing games like Hotel Dusk and it works just fine...
  4. BlazeHeatnix

    Wii U to vWii forwarder channels -AC

    How come there's no USB loader GX support?
  5. BlazeHeatnix

    Hacking Fire Emblem The Binding Blade - Wii U VC Inject

    WiiUDownloader. The game works just fine if you inject an English-translated rom into the JP release.
  6. BlazeHeatnix

    Homebrew [Release] ScummVM for WiiU

    This is really cool. I wish more homebrew ports incorporated the gamepad and touch controls. Now I can finally play old LucasArts games on the TV without needing a fuckass keyboard setup with a table.
  7. BlazeHeatnix

    My custom banners for GBA/DS VC Injects

    I find the stock VC boot screen to be pretty boring, especially if you have a lot of games installed. UWUVCI AIO links to github uploads based on scanning the rom code provided, but I didn't want to go through that process, very few games are supported to begin with, and only images are...
  8. BlazeHeatnix

    Feedback What do you think of the Wii U in 2026?

    Everyone says this, but with mods, I can't tell the difference. Putting the WiiU in 480p, using evWii to alter the DMCU scaling, and using USB Loader GX to force NTSC480p, apply patches, remove the deflicker filter, and put it in Framebuffer mode, I genuinely can't tell the difference between...
  9. BlazeHeatnix

    Feedback What do you think of the Wii U in 2026?

    The thread is literally right there. https://gbatemp.net/threads/circumvent-the-300-limit.684223/ Unless you mean the literal space of the internal storage space of 32gb. But hey, at least Wii U games actually had retail discs. It's not like the Switch where the cart is a glorified download...
  10. BlazeHeatnix

    Feedback What do you think of the Wii U in 2026?

    Everything? You sure about that? Because in terms of pure raw power, and portability, yeah, sure. But don't act like that second screen is some little footnote. That second screen was the only reason DS VC titles were even possible. Without doing a complete remake or source code port (like the...
  11. BlazeHeatnix

    Feedback What do you think of the Wii U in 2026?

    You can play NES and SNES comfortably through Retroarch's Aroma port, or vWii emulators (the official VC's emulator is dogshit; even if you fix the darkfilter and aspect ratio, you still have to deal with input lag). And of course, you can play GB, GBA and DS through VC injects very well. But...
  12. BlazeHeatnix

    Feedback What do you think of the Wii U in 2026?

    I still love my Wii U. And in a way, it still has most of its exclusives: many Wii U games used the gamepad to a point where once they were on other platforms, it just wasn't the same without it. NSMBU Deluxe is actually missing content from the original (no 5-player co-op, no gamepad...
  13. BlazeHeatnix

    Homebrew Add many more screen layout options in DS virtual console games

    Has anyone figured out hybrid layouts? I wish rotated games (played like a book) had more options. The "pixel perfect" option looks great on the TV, but on the gamepad, the screens are smaller than on an actual DS, so using touch controls is annoying. I wish I could have it so the gamepad isn't...
  14. BlazeHeatnix

    Circumvent the 300 Limit

    My bad. It was because I hadn't actually updated Aroma in a while. It works now.
  15. BlazeHeatnix

    GBA VC injects, or Retroarch?

    Honestly, that's a big part of it.