Hacking so i sent my 360 and wii..........

Gus122000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
to some modder so he can install a wiinja and do this thing with my 360 so it can play backups..(its not a modchip though)
and in exchange since i was low on cash and had two wiis i told him "ill give you my USA wii if you do that stuff and maybe something else (so we can even it out) now he kinda pulled a fast one on me.he offered to put that flashing light chip but he told me about it and i said "Pulse uv?" and he never replyed so i was assumeing it was.Now that i shipped it to him he says

"oh no no no it's a fader chip" and im like
wtf.gif
thats not what i signed up for. then i asked him for 2 wiinjas one in my wii and a separate one. He hasn't said no about that one but just to make sure he wasnt pulling anymore fast ones i asked him what was i going to get again ? he said the wiinja , the install, the 360 flash thing,and the fader chips.Now i just feel pissed off and then he thinks 50$ is a fair price to install something that takes him like 15 minutes.

30/35 dollars should be a limit price for installing a modchip.anyway so then i asked him to tally up how much is everything
and he said "normally,the 360 ROL swap is $25 the wii disc slot is $10 and the fader chip for the wii is 15$
honestly i dont think i want the fader chip waste of money for some stupid thing that just keeps a blue light on
then i asked him how much was a pulse uv and he said "70$"

then later i just told him i dont want that light crap or anything anymore for now the only thing im sure of that i want and need is the wiinja install and xbox 360 hacked update or whatever hes going to do to it
is there anything i should ask for besides those things ? (im a little tired sorry if my post

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think it'd be wiser to have the deal set up before you sent the units. And are you paying him with Wii for those services or are you paying cash?
The first paragraph says Wii, the third you're talking about cash.
Anyway, I think you're at a disadvantage since the units are at his hands.

Gus122000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it'd be wiser to have the deal set up before you sent the units. And are you paying him with Wii for those services or are you paying cash?
The first paragraph says Wii, the third you're talking about cash.
Anyway, I think you're at a disadvantage since the units are at his hands.
well cause like if i were to sell it would get maybe 180$ for my USA wii so he was kind of adding it up to 180$ but with stuff (if you get what i mean) someone tell me what i should ask him for ill just push on that ... (i just dont want to be taken for a ride thats all)

Strag0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ack! This is no good... I agree with Bloodgod. Learning to mod your own machine is the best way, and if you HAVE to get someone else to do it find someone Local.

Your best bet is to ask for the consoles back, apologize for any inconvience and start over. If you need a hand with flashing your 360 and/or some easy ways to solder your Wii, feel free to ask. I've done both for several people and like to help out when needed. If you're not 100% confident, i'm sure you can find someone to do it for you that's respectable. Heck, if push comes to shove I'll help you out.

Just get your machines back ASAP, don't let the jerk keep a hold of them for too long!

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You cant argue about price... He can do it for however much he wants, you didnt have to accept it.
That doesnt seem much anyway, your going to make up for it with all your 'backups'.

Yeah, he does seem like a clown but thats what you get when you sign up with him.

dipswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fader chip he was talking about is a PIC12F629 programmed with a code to control the disk tray LED. I just makes it fade in and out at different intervals. You can find the tutorial and the hex code here. Here is a photo of the programmed chip that I put in my console.
dsc01205gs6.jpg

However mine doesn't work all the time. I think I need to connect pin 3 and 4 and hopefully it will work correctly. Anyways, I'm getting way OT.

I do my wiikey installs for $30 and I really only advert on craigslist.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you send your console Gus?

Sounds like you got really ripped. A chip installed and a 360 flash for a wii? Christ man, what an asshole installer. At the most I'd charge 75 bucks, and as for the pulse vu, I'd just stay away from it. Can you get your Wii back? Either of them?

Oh, and I just re-read your first post in this topic, and it's not even a pulse vu. It's a free PIC chip that makes your Wii's faceplate LED fade in and out, basically costs less than a dollar. Get your consoles back before this idiot fucks them up more. Wasn't it you who had the installer install a chip without insulation on his wires? Jesus man, pull out if you still can.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wiikey/modchip installation is quite a daunting task, so I can understand why you didnt do it yourself

But flashing a 360 drive is ridiculously easy. I didnt think people could charge for that, seeing as anyone with a SATA mobo & a USB thumb drive can do it (MS25/28 - Im sure the hitachi is as easy)

Get all your stuff back. Offer the guy $10 & all postage costs & get him to send your consoles back. Then read some guides, practise soldering, get a chip/kynar wire/tri wing and have a go yourself. You'll never know if you never try. And you got two wiis so if you stuff one up, you can still play!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.