All iDevice/apple fans

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
idedi_logo.png

All followers of iDedicate, mark your calenders for the 24th of October! You are not going to wanna miss this date. This is big.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

icon11.gif
iDedicate.net

The release of Greenp0ison/SHAtter?
A new Apple device?
I guess we'll have to wait 'til the 24th

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Big?
Don't think it'll be a regular jailbreak.
Might be a major useful port/app?
New iDevice?

I don't know o.o

Extremely huge awesome give-away?

Somewhat... excited now x]

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
SHAtter is a big jailbreak though, not just a normal one. It will always be there to jailbreak all current iPods and iPhones since it is in the bootROM. Once released the exploit will be patched and new hardware revisions will come out without the security flaw but if you have an iPod 4 right now its guaranteed jailbreakable forever now.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not really what you'd call an Apple fan (as I don't have any but the iPod Nano.. and would like a iPhone/Pad), but im actually pretty excited...

HOPE IT's A GIVEAWAY!!!

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
SHAtter is a big jailbreak though, not just a normal one. It will always be there to jailbreak all current iPods and iPhones since it is in the bootROM. Once released the exploit will be patched and new hardware revisions will come out without the security flaw but if you have an iPod 4 right now its guaranteed jailbreakable forever now.

Not all devices are jailbreakable via SHAtter. just Devices that use Apple's A4 chip. If you ment that sorry i miss read

Also

QUOTEThings have progressed to the point where we don't expect anymore roadblocks. ETA for greenpois0n is 10/10/10 at 10:10:10AM

iDedicate twitter

But this is exciting.

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ifish said:
Also

QUOTE said:
Things have progressed to the point where we don't expect anymore roadblocks. ETA for greenpois0n is 10/10/10 at 10:10:10AM

iDedicate twitter

But this is exciting.

whats the source of this? can't see it anywhere.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
ifish said:
Jamstruth said:

Not all devices are jailbreakable via SHAtter. just Devices that use Apple's A4 chip. If you ment that sorry i miss read
Nope, I'm pretty sure its an exploit for my iPod Touch 3rd Gen as well. The A4 just enabled the exploit to be found (they managed to dump the bootROM because of it I think). If I'm wrong I'll be dissappointed though.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^Jailbreak for life
Finally, it's coming out. At least it wasn't as long of a wait as for spirit
A unique release date for a unique jailbreak, but I hope that they don't already have it and are just waiting for that date to release it...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zeromac said:
Whats so great about this greep0sion JB?
Its bootrom, meaning it doesn't rely in a bug in a specific version of iOS, but a bug in a piece of software installed on all iDevices in factory, which can't be updated or patched on already manufactured devices. Once its released, it will be patched in future bootroms, but all already manufactured devices are vulnerable (well, all using the A4 chip, to which this exploit is apparently exclusive). Basically, all iPads, iPod Touch 4th Gens and iPhone 4s currently in existance will now, and always, be jailbreakable. Only issue is it may be tethered (not sure if this is 100% certain yet, but many people seem to be accepting it as fact), but it could be possible to untether it at each revision of iOS with a Cydia package.

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greenpois0n is a toolkit designed for developing jailbreaks. SHAtter is the exploit. Greenpois0n is also probably the name of the jailbreak, but it's unconfirmed. Also, it only works on the iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPad, and Apple TV2.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Salax said:
Greenpois0n is a toolkit designed for developing jailbreaks. SHAtter is the exploit. Greenpois0n is also probably the name of the jailbreak, but it's unconfirmed. Also, it only works on the iPod Touch 4, iPhone 4, iPad, and Apple TV2.
AFAIK, greenpois0n will also contain comex's new untethered, userland jailbreak, as well as SHAtter (and I guess pwn2k or whatever it was called; the old bootrom exploit for older devices).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc