All Wii backup loader/Waninkoko discussion goes here.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All Wii backup loader/Waninkoko discussion goes here.

Do not create new topics.

Do not flame other members.

Flames will result in suspension.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wewt...first post.

All I really want to say is, This is the most useful homebrew...ever.

It's a shame Waninkoko quit, really.

Waninkoko...why are you hurting others, when ONE person did it? WE didn't do it. SOMEONE did. So why blame all of us and discontinue the project?

I really wish I could talk on MSN with you. But with all the noobz and flaming assholes that add you, I wouldn't want to bother you as much as you are already from this.

Just please reconsider what you're doing. If you want to quit, sure go ahead. We won't stop you, it's your project, your sweat and blood, YOURS. Not ours. But if you want to continue it and keep it privately until official release. All of us would love you till the very end. (As if we haven't already)

EDIT 2: I just wanted to say thank you for your hard work, all the time you've wasted, and all the programming and frustrations that probably occurred. I'm with you till the very end in your achievements. You probably don't get thank you's often...and I can understand how that feels really, I do tons of work in life, and half the time the idiot never says thank you for whoever I worked for. I hope you don't look at us that way because we RESPECT you.

And to be honest...I think one reason people don't say thank you is because they know you're to busy to read their post.

Or maybe you do read them, and just never reply? Anyways, WE LOVE YOU WANINKOKO!
wub.gif

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warcueid said:
I have mixed feelings about this. I just can't believe someone would leak the beta though... who would do that, and why?

I would like to know the same exact thing.

Reading from TehSkeen, they said that a member of GBAtemp leaked it...In my honest opinion, I think it is the member "naes".

He/she was the very first to tell us about it, and post links.

Mods, that wasn't a flame. So don't suspend me. I was simply stating a fact.

EDIT: I would also like to sarcastically thank the leaker for putting GBAtemp on the hot spot with this. If you type in Google, "Wii homebrew backup loader", Most blogs/webpages say, "A member of GBAtemp leaked the loader".

Congrats on ruining GBAtemp also. You're on a roll ^^

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope he releases the FINAL version
frown.gif
otherwise I am going to have to buy a modchip... (If he doesn't say anything in the next 2 weeks, I am just getting a wiikey.)

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So one person has to go and ruin it for everyone.. well that's just grand.

I hope Waninkoko changes his mind, although I doubt it. At least there is still the USB ISO loader to look forward to, as long as some asshole doesn't leak that.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Brian117 said:
QUOTE said:
Naes didn't leak it, he posted it from another site.

Well he/she shouldn't of done that. So everyone should be blaming him for putting GBAtemp on the spot right now...
I don't think we should do that unless we are sure he's responsible for it..
I mean, the guy/gal maybe just submitted the news, and couldn't know what would happen..

Don't point fingers at anybody until you're sure!!
lecture.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Brian117 said:
QUOTE said:
Naes didn't leak it, he posted it from another site.

Well he/she shouldn't of done that. So everyone should be blaming him for putting GBAtemp on the spot right now...

If Waninkoko had said "ahh well it's out now, enjoy it while I work on fixing the bugs", then everybody would be praising Naes and whoever it was that originally leaked it. But just because it didn't go that way now suddenly everyone is on the condemnation train.

Leaking software that someone is working on is not a nice thing to do. GBAtemp didn't leak it though, it was already out there on the internet. GBAtemp did help spread it though and it took down the download link when it was clear what Waninkoko's opinion of the leak was.

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped lurking GBAtemp for just a little bit, and all hell breaks loose..?

kangarookangaroo said:
I hope he releases the FINAL version
frown.gif
otherwise I am going to have to buy a modchip... (If he doesn't say anything in the next 2 weeks, I am just getting a wiikey.)

Just get a Wiikey, it's worth it.

Ahem.
*Grabs soapbox and flame proof asbestos suit*
You are all taking this way too quickly.
For now, let's just set aside everything else except for the matter at hand. Let's ignore the implications of a backup loader, including developers abandoning the system, Nintendo finally having a concrete reason to completely ban homebrew, and everything else.
Regardless of how much you like Waninkoko, he's done a lot for your scene, and this loader was obviously a giant step. It's understandable that there would be a large backlash as the result of the cancellation.
So what's the best thing you can do about it, whether you like Waninkoko or not?
Chill out. Get off GBAtemp for a bit. Get some fresh air for a bit.
The supporters need to stop trying to coerce Waninkoko into releasing something while he's obviously (and if I may say, righteously) pissed off about the leak.
The anti-Waninkoko people need to just pipe down and stop adding fuel to the fire.

If you guys chill out, and let the whole thing fizzle down a bit before trying to convince Waninkoko to release it by donating your house, I'm sure something good will come of this.
*End soapbox*

..I really didn't say much there, I know. It's a moot point, people are still going to be going crazy about it.

TL;DR: Stop screaming bloody about the backup loader.

EDIT: And I suppose this is a good example on why leaks are never good.

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My first reaction when I heard about this was, "Are you serious?" This is easily the most anticipated Wii homebrew release since ever, and he gets all pissy and denies it to the entire community because one person (Who had to get it through him or someone he gave it to in the first place!) leaked it? Not to mention that the primary use of the release is for piracy, (That is, giving someone else's developed work to the masses without their permission.) anyway. Common sense dictates that the higher the demand of the application is, the more likely it is to be leaked, and the more careful you have to be when choosing people to give betas to. I hardly see the logic in punishing anyone who anticipated the release because one random person leaked it. That is, of course, unless one is merely striving for attention and is taking advantage of the opportunity.

Either way, it's his code, and he's in full right to not release it. He's done a lot of good for the community, and he deserves respect for that. I just think he's being a dick about this for no good reason.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No honor amongst thieves I guess. I feel bad for Waninkoko, he's a cool guy, but it seems a bit naive of him to think that he is serving only a community of mature individuals. No matter what endeavors you pursue, you will always have to deal with (some) douches who only care about themselves. I write a lot in many circles and I am plagiarized often. Sure it pisses me off, sure I want to just horde my stuff sometimes, but what good would that do? Whats the point of creating something if you have no audience to share it with? So yeah I can feel him on that, but at the same time I'm sure that he started this project with a goal in mind; whatever that goal maybe, I hope he resolves to achieve it. Not for the douches, not even for the community, but for the sake of accomplishing what he set out to do. Goodluck to him.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
referencer said:
Either way, it's his code, and he's in full right to not release it. He's done a lot of good for the community, and he deserves respect for that. I just think he's being a dick about this for no good reason.
And I believe that sentences like this are the main reason why people quit on any homebrew/hacking/translating projects..

I don't think the guy is the dick at all..I don't own a Wii, and I really don't care for this leak, but I understand Waninkoko completely..If he wanted to complete the project before releasing it, and trusted the people he gave beta for testing, he ended up being highly dissapointed and hurt..
All of you calling him names and bitching about it won't help convincing him to continuing and finishing the loader..
I swear, if I were him, I'd complete it, made bunch of videos how perfectly it works, but never release it..

Longbaugh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The leak originated on /v from what I understand. Once again going to show 4chan is a scum hole that should be swept into a grease trap.

Anyway you guys should just thank Wanikoko for what work he has done for homebrew instead of feeling cheated because he wont help you steal games. It's not like I've never pirated anything in my life but a lot of people are acting like theyre owed an isoloader and that disgusts the hell out of me. Instead you should be thanking him for giving us stuff like wad manager, mii/savegame extractors, region changers and the like. If you feel that cheated go buy a modchip, end of story.

DarkSzero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I have no idea why Waninkoko were developing that backup loader, to let a leak affect him like that.
Well, for me this won't make much difference because I have no use for a backup loader from DVDs, since I have a modchip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.