Zombie thread, RAAAGH

D

Deleted-188346

I think I might pull the plug on a Sky3DS...
What I'm about to point out is off-topic, but "pulling the plug" on something usually means:
- To end.
- To disable.
- To put an end to someones plans.
- To kill.

You might have noticed that the phrase usually has a negative meaning. It does not usually mean "to buy".

Note, I'm not making fun of you or being mean. I legitimately am just trying to inform you.
And that ends today's episode of Grammar At GBATemp!

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I'm about to point out is off-topic, but "pulling the plug" on something usually means:
- To end.
- To disable.
- To kill.

You might have noticed that the phrase usually has a negative meaning. It does not usually mean "to buy".

Note, I'm not making fun of you or being mean. I legitimately am just trying to inform you.
"Pull the Trigger" I think was the intended phrase.

Reactions: Sonicx64

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea what I will do when the GW N3DS update is released. It won't be the same without checking and refreshing this thread.

Sky3DS is built on a terrible business model (game limit red button, hey! Now with blue button give us $$ again). The thing they got right though is it works and it works right now! Who knows if it will work on FW 9.6+, or if it will support N3DS exclusive games, or if cards/systems will be banned. For the price and the back catalogue of games you can play it's now a no brainer. GW is that luxury model that does a million different things and does them well.... When they actually release shit. It's likely that GW won't support 9.3+ out of the box so once N3DS start shipping with FW 9.4+ (sorry Red model in Canada) your only option will be Sky.

I have a GW and I'm waiting, but that's because I only have a handful of games I want to play and I can live without it for awhile. If anything I have got my money's worth via entertainment in waiting. You just can't buy this kind of anticipation and rage. ;)

Rather Dashing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- To end.
- To disable.
- To kill.

I meant "pull the plug and buy a Sky3DS" which would have me "pulling the plug" on me waiting for GW. Sorry if I was confusing.

[edit]

Either that or "pull the trigger" on buying the Sky3DS. Don't recall what I was thinking.

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I meant "pull the plug and buy a Sky3DS" which would have me "pulling the plug" on me waiting for GW. Sorry if I was confusing.

[edit]

Either that or "pull the trigger" on buying the Sky3DS. Don't recall what I was thinking.

Take the plunge also works but yes, "Pull the trigger" by all means.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH