Zelda Linked to the Past, Zelda Classic Custom Game

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No PS3 controller? X360 controller? You can always use your Wii classic controller on the PC, too.

I do have 360 and wii controllers. however, my laptop simply won't accept bluetooth and work with it. I've already tried 4 different bluetooth dongles, none of them ever worked, not for connecting my mobile phone with the laptop, not for connecting a wireless keyboard and not for connecting a controller of any kind.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do have 360 and wii controllers. however, my laptop simply won't accept bluetooth and work with it. I've already tried 4 different bluetooth dongles, none of them ever worked, not for connecting my mobile phone with the laptop, not for connecting a wireless keyboard and not for connecting a controller of any kind.

I totally understand. Most dongles suck. Ever try the one that works with PS3 Motionjoy? It's $10.

EDIT:

http://www.gameaccy.com/bluetooth-dongle-for-motioninjoy

motioninjoy_bluetooth_feature.jpg

If you ran that test on the other BT dongles you have, you'll see that they fail miserably.

Jamian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys!

Thank you for featuring my quest.

I have to say, however, that I'd prefer if you only linked to the official download place (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=372) rather than uploading the file yourselves. The reason is that updates are being made to the quest on a semi-regular basis, at least for the time being, so by linking to the official download people can always get the most up to date version.

FYI the most up to date version is v1.79, which you can get on the above link. If you're still playing this, please upgrade your file :)

@Metoroid0: The time needed to finish a game is roughly measured by how long your beta testers took to finish it. If you're creating a quest, even the most meticulous designer will have bugs and problems here and there, so it's heavily recommended to have people beta test your quest before release.

Reactions: Zetta_x

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I went first boss in level one, I was like.......I realize that enemy from Zelda 3. I was like what the **** is that?! I thought it only one hit, but I was wrong. It multiply. I almost get heart attack. Reason why I use brown tile box, cuz it hot in room and my friend say no use AC cuz bill will go up. So I have to use ceiling fan but not enough cool in the room so I use that as fan.

ShadowTiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm ShadowTiger, a staff member from the Armageddon Games Forums, as well as the Pure Zelda Classic forums. For anyone needing help with the program, I'll post a little guide here.

Firstly, The latest version of Zelda Classic, version 2.5, is here. Here is a direct link to the Windows version from that page.

In order to play a quest file, it's recommended that the .qst file be in the same folder as zelda-w.exe, though it should all be unzipped into the same folder anyway. There's never a reason to separate anything. The instructions are all in the first few paragraphs of the general FAQ thread at AGN.

If you've dipped your fingers into the well of creativity that is the game's editor, ZQuest, and would like to learn more, the ZQuest Help Forum (and at PureZC as well) will be a useful tool.

The Zelda Classic Documentation Wiki is also a tremendous wealth of information available at your fingertips. It even has a particularly expansive guide on the individual functions of the scripting portion of ZC.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm stuck in Linked to the Past, and I don't know if it is an actual problem in the game or not.

I'm in Peahat Ridge, and recently swapped my skull key to an NPC (who said they lost it long ago) in exchange for a hook. I took the hook to the fisherman, and he gave me a necklace. At this point, I don't know if I was supposed to go back to Peahat Ridge in hope that the NPC would open the big chest next to him, but I did, and he says the same thing as he did before I made the initial swap, as if I never gave him the key. Did I encounter a problem with this quest preventing me from continuing, or does it not actually affect the quest/dungeon/etc?

Jamian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I'm stuck in Linked to the Past, and I don't know if it is an actual problem in the game or not.

I'm in Peahat Ridge, and recently swapped my skull key to an NPC (who said they lost it long ago) in exchange for a hook. I took the hook to the fisherman, and he gave me a necklace. At this point, I don't know if I was supposed to go back to Peahat Ridge in hope that the NPC would open the big chest next to him, but I did, and he says the same thing as he did before I made the initial swap, as if I never gave him the key. Did I encounter a problem with this quest preventing me from continuing, or does it not actually affect the quest/dungeon/etc?

No, it is not a problem, it's just part of the trading sequence.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got 5 pieces of the triforce. I've never died so many times in a Zelda game, fuck everything does a lot of damage

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't hate it but i like the lttp engine better, it would have been cooler if this used that :P
by engine you mean that each room of the dungeon consists in only one screen? (like the one on the screenshots) nvm... now I get what you mean
I didn't have the time to try this one... I guess I will tackle this quest when I finish Ancient Stone Tablets

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm stuck at the Cursed River part. I found the Tree you burn where the guy tells you wait for a good wind. I assume it has to with the Leaf I just got in the previous level but I've been running back and forth in the level and not sure what to do lol.

Jamian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, at one point you reach a seemingly empty screen with just a dock. Wait for the wind to change there.

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, at one point you reach a seemingly empty screen with just a dock. Wait for the wind to change there.

aha! thanks lol. I Seem to have run into another seemingly dead end just 2 screens later lol. That big tree seems important but I've killed all the enemies both screens and tried all the items I have and can't seem to acquire anything I assume there's a key here lol.

Jamian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
aha! thanks lol. I Seem to have run into another seemingly dead end just 2 screens later lol. That big tree seems important but I've killed all the enemies both screens and tried all the items I have and can't seem to acquire anything I assume there's a key here lol.

There is, it is hidden behind that tree.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill