Homebrew Zelda Classic Wiivc inject need support from folks with dobox know-how

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been a dream of mine for a while to play zelda classic on the wii/U.
Now that the wiivc unlocks more cpu speed I thought I would have a go at it.
There are two Dos Versions available 1.9 and 2.10. There is also a 2.5 for windows linux and mac but that is for later, and beyond my technical ability, which will become apparent quickly.

I found the Zelda Classic 1.9 Dol and associated Dosbox and apps files for the vWii here http://www.wii-info.fr/download-548-zelda-classic-wii-1-9.htm (Looks like the French version of the Temp)

I injected the zelda classic 1.9 dol by Deviance with the the script @KhaderWelaye made with @FIX94 speed and control pad patches. And Thanks to them, the testers and everyone else involved with all of these amazing new breakthroughs!

It loads!!!!......at least this far.....
20171001_100232.jpg

But first hurdle, it says make sure USB keyboard is plugged in and press any button. But I hit keyboard buttons and nothing. I Tried a different usb keyboard, nothing, disconnected hard drive nothing. Tried with no game pad support, nothing. Tried it through vwii home brew channel, loads to same screen and nothing from either keyboard.

So I launced wiivc NekoProject2 and boom keyboard works!!
so I said WTF I swear I had this thing working with the same keyboard on my old wii
I even think I had made controller config. to go with it, but that was years ago and It ran so slow I apparently deleted all my stuff.

Is there anyone else who can try this and tell me it's just my keyboards???
Does anyone else remember how to dick with config files in dosbox and bind that to controlls??
Will Bullwinkle stop Boris from Stealing the Moosberrybush?????!!!???

@QuarkTheAwesome @ploggy @wicksand420 @rioray @cucholix @pedro702 @VatoLoco @beegee7730 @ECSS

Yes that was overkill! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
just randomly calling out names that I see (or perhaps just imagined) have shown some intrest in dosbox

It would be nice to have a system of configs and what not to have autobooting dosbox games, wouldn't it.

Side note, I know Zelda Classic uses allegro and that's not in dosbox or something but the guy who made this found some patch or something to get it to work Ill do some more research on that. I know arikado was working on an Allegro port for wii for a while and had it partially working but thats a different matter.
Thanks for playing.

Last edited by marduk666,
Reactions: KiiWii

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 1 Keyboard works with dosbox inject and vwii, soooo... yeah musta been this guys dosbox build.
Well I ended up injecting DOSBOX 1.7 into WiiVC with speedboost and such
and then I loaded zelda classic 1.9 It runs about 13/60 fps during gameplay I compared that with dosbox 1.7 on vwii it was the same.
I don't know if Dosbox can utilize the extra speed or not?

Also played X-wing, probobly near full speed a few studders here and there but I don't know how to optomize anything.
gonna mess around with it a bit more.

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 1 Keyboard works with dosbox inject and vwii, soooo... yeah musta been this guys dosbox build.
Well I ended up injecting DOSBOX 1.7 into WiiVC with speedboost and such
and then I loaded zelda classic 1.9 It runs about 13/60 fps during gameplay I compared that with dosbox 1.7 on vwii it was the same.
I don't know if Dosbox can utilize the extra speed or not?

Also played X-wing, probobly near full speed a few studders here and there but I don't know how to optomize anything.
gonna mess around with it a bit more.
you for sure ran the activator before launching the inject from homebrew launcher?

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your talking about the sigpatchcafething, then yes, I belive I did I can try it again to make sure but I'm 99%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm