Gaming Zelda BotW running horribly slow on my Switch (the fiery Divine Beast)

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,393
  • Replies 4
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I haven't gotten around to defeating the final Divine Beast I have (the one on the fiery mountain) but every time I walk or attack an enemy the framerate looks and feels like it drops completely to zero. It even freezes for a second or so.

All I've been doing with my Switch has been playing Zelda (and Bomberman for a few minutes).

Nintendo didn't polish the game as they should have. :(

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
try this
just deal with it
wait for the next FW updated as see if it fixes it

i did that one just fine, did have some fps drops and freezes up (for a sec) but was able to do that area just fine

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
try this
just deal with it
wait for the next FW updated as see if it fixes it

i did that one just fine, did have some fps drops and freezes up (for a sec) but was able to do that area just fine
My Switch isn't even connected to the internet. It's not a huge deal-breaker to make me not want to play the game but it is annoying.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what causes that. I haven't noticed a frame drop at all while docked and I'm connected to wifi. A friend of mine has the weak wifi, frame rate issue and joy con desync problems but none for me. Hopefully it's all firmware and will be fixed soon

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had serious frame rate issues quite a few times. Usually when I'm fighting a group of whatever enemies and there's a fair few particle effects going on. I've seen it drop to the point where it looks like really bad stop motion animation. I mean it has to be low teens, if not lower.

Oddly though I've been in situations where there's more happening and it's buttery smooth. Maybe it's related to this apparent firmware issue and it'll be resolved. But it's not spoiled my enjoyment anyway. I'm still loving the game even 80 hours in.

Can't comment much on portable performance, 99% of my time has been docked (because the wife likes to watch, yeah I know :D) but it's been fine when I have had it undocked.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: ohio